1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons: Carlisle and Cuban view me as a star and a franchise-max player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. langal

langal Contributing Member

So he owes his nba career to morey?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Such a franchise player they gave him a 3 year deal.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It is going to be great our first game going to Dallas.

If Harden doesn't make it his personal mission to drop 40 on Harden, he ain't doing it right.

4. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

He kind of does considering they he had carte Blanche to do so many things.

5. Pete the Cheat

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This discussion is not just about Parsons, but also about how the Rockets' evaluation and use of talent-- specifically, how they differs from that of the Mavericks. Parsons is an example that illustrates the difference.

Parson may have moved on, but this discussion is still very much about the Rockets.

7. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Parson's also quoted as saying he knew he was good looking so he went the modeling route. He thinks he is superstar and good looking model. I don't think he needs any ego stroke. Worth $15M?? We will see.

8. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Guys. Parsons isn't even arrogant in his interview. He is a good dude and still very respectful of the Rockets. Why are some of you so bitter?

I was one of the strongest supporter for Morey not to match because it would be hard to imagine Parsons becoming the player that the Rockets need under the role given to him, but he is indeed a super role player still with room to improve. He should be able to reach his potential in another uniform and that's the best thing he should do for himself, and there is nothing wrong with Morey not matching the contract because Morey needs to allocate his resource to a player with different skill set.

1 person likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have higher standards for the team than you do apparently.

Been a fan since 1972 - before you were even a glimmer in your fathers eye.

DD

10. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Pretty sure a lot of people knew who the SEC player of the year was.
    Some of you act like he's the equivalent to the NFL's "Mr. Irrelevant" and should be lucky to have a roster spot, much less command *gasp* $15 million a year.

11. Pete the Cheat

We both stole a beta dog from a competitor...please expand

12. REEKO_HTOWN

That funny because the last player the Mavs developed was Devon Harris. They suck real bad at drafting and that's why they hired Rosas.

They need to hop off Morey's sack.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I think he's grossly overpaid and I just can't see him being more than that spot up/catch and shoot guy. He doesn't create his own shot a whole lot and you can argue his numbers were inflated because of our tempo.

However, he's never going to be a first option and he doesn't have to be. He's going to another team that will have him as the third option and if anyone can get more potential out of Chandler, it's Carlisle.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Parsons and Dan Fegan likely asked for a 3 year deal, with the player option for the 3rd year.

The NBA's national TV contract expires in 2016, and the league expects to see a huge jump in TV revenue, resulting in a huge jump in the salary cap numbers from the current $63M to around $80M.

A smart player who is confident in his abilities (and his chances in remaining healthy) will sign the kind of deal that Parsons' signed so he can reap the benefits of the TV revenue jump. LeBron James similarly signed a 2 year deal, with 2nd year player option, for the same reason.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Great comparison. It's one thing to be the guy who outperforms his second-round status and small contract, but it's quite another to be able to help carry a team night in and night out. Chandler Parsons is NOT a #2 or #3 option on a championship team.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Neither was Kawhai Leonard before this last year.

DD

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Maybe you should inform the rest of the posters. All I see is Chandler Parsons everywhere, I think it's healthy to just move on what's done is done, same thing everyone keeps telling about McHale, it's done we wont be rid of him so just move on. I'm a Rockets fan no matter what, good GM, bad GM and you can replace that with coach, players etc. The convo on Parsons is starting to feel and look pathetic, so I for one will be moving on to another topic. I haven't really seen one thread welcoming Ariza and a million on Parsons, why? he gone.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

I wouldn't pay Leonard $15+ million a year either and I bet you the Spurs won't.

19. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

You tell 'em brotha! And I wonder which team that loser Ariza plays for now? Is he even still in the league? I mean, he sucked so bad the last time he was with us. Can anyone Google this cat's whereabouts? TIA.

20. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I'm upset we didn't match Parsons since I think team so close to contention should just suck it up and overpay to keep their 3rd best player, but that's all I have to say if anybody really thinks Parsons is a marginalized talent just waiting to break out into a star like Harden in OKC. Reality check will be coming soon enough lol.