1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons: Carlisle and Cuban view me as a star and a franchise-max player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. haydenfisher342

mchale is the only decent avab coach willing to listen to the analytic aspect of it and run a free flowing offense. Most coaches (good) coaches wont.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What kind of numbers will Chandler have to average next season to consider him worth his salary?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

This. :)

All Chandler Parsons related threads go to the DISH.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

It's so funny that his last play as a Rocket was the Lillard shot.

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The Rockets did not make Parsons. Parsons made Parsons. The Rockets got lucky that he fell to them in the second round, and they could get him on a cheapo contract for three years. Parsons has every right to take the money that others are willing to pay him. If the Rockets don't want to pay that much, that is not his fault; he is well within his rights (and best interests) to take the money he is offered.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well he dribbles better than Ariza that much is true. Not sure he should be doing it too often though.

Also more well rounded and under a better coach and will be asked to put up better numbers whether his team wins or lose now that he's the highest paid player on the team.

7. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

He's not a Rocket anymore. Meh. Get over it. Fact is he would never be the priority in Houston. Not with Harden or Howard here. This belongs in the Dish.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Carlisle runs the same offense we do, or should I say, we run the same offense he does, as he did it first with the whole no play calls thing.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It will be interesting to see how much of a star Chan is when other teams game plan to take away his strengths. He was a solid player here, but I never really got the impression he would be a star.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I guess this just confirms the theory that Parsons thinks way too highly of himself.

He think he can be what Harden was in OKC. The delusion is too real. Parsons fed on the attention other teams gave Harden and Howard. Parsons doesn't have the quickness, strength or athletism to be a top elite player.

Have fun with that Parsons, best of luck!

Cuban, have fun dealing with that contract!

11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

18/6/5 with a PER of at least 19 and I think he is earning that contract.

12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Two years ago, when we had a one man team, there was nothing to indicate that Parsons will ever be more than above average. There's maybe a 5% chance Parsons ever makes an all star game.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Don't turn this into your continuous attack on Morey, which I don't disagree with, to an extent. I'm pretty certain I was a bigger fan of PPatt than you. But you used PPatt for a personal vendetta. Coming from PPatt's #1 fan here, you used him to attack the Rockets, unlike me

Fegan made the contract happen. Parsons was just a buyer who got sold

He is not a franchise-max player. Parsons is delusional if he believes that.

Those quotes are just parsons using the "it's just business" to rightfully justify his signing. It's not about switching teams to be better utilized. That's ridiculous

#33 heypartner, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. haydenfisher342

agreed. Parsons did the work, parsons is a NBA player and has a legit shot at becoming a allstar. Im just saying, its well known the Rockets took a chance on him. I dont know how many teams were interested in him? He should get payed and I want him to get payed. From what I read in his statement, It hurts not to feel any loyalty being awarded to the Rockets for the risk they took. But its business, cant blame him

15. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Unless Parsons role on their team will be bigger than Dirk and Monta's, then he’s going to be in the same predicament as he was with the Rockets. 3rd Option/Point forward. No doubt he’ll be used better, but it’s still the same role (imo)

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Who really felt comfortable about our offense when Chandler was the best scorer on the court? I know I cringed a little when we started 4th quarters of those games with that being the scenario.

17. AB423

AB423 Member

I'm gonna miss those alley-oops to Dwight

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is severely underselling the Rockets organization.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Wrong forum. Please move and no longer disrespect current Rockets with threads about Dallas Mavericks.

20. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

If rumor is true that Morey went after Deron Williams (@ his current rate) last year, that tells me everything I need to know about how Morey views Parsons as a third star.