1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons anti-appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What do you do for a living?

I would honestly like to see how many people would walk away from an extra 10 million dollars . . .. . . for their companie.s

I love my company but . . .if I could help them be the FORTUNE 10 . . or make an extra 10 million . . .. I think I would BOUNCE!

Rocket River

2. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Never try to show up the Beard's fashion sense. NEVER.

3. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I'd be a lot angrier if I was a MAVS fan for wasting cap money that would be better used filling out the weaknesses of an aging team instead of overpaying a guy that just underperformed in the last playoff series he was in just to screw a divisional rival.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Why is everyone making it seem like I said he should take a pay cut? He should have waited a bit. The Hornets would have given him the same contract.

5. Dwight_Hard

Dwight_Hard Member

Much Rather Have my DUDE CHASE "JUMP OVER DUDES" BUDINGER back... Healthy that is for what his contract's Worth compared to this monster contract.. Cuban is gonna market Dirk & Parsons like brothers<<<

I HATE DALLASSSSS!

:grin:

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are we anti- the appreciate thread or anti- Chandler Parsons?

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Many of you say we should not blame Parsons for taking the money and never mind the Rockets' situation.

By the same token, some fans can't be blamed if we now hate Parsons for obviously not caring enough to stay with our favorite team. He put the Rockets in a bind and signed with a divisional rival. It's my decision to unlike him. Mr. 0.9 sec

8. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

The fact is that's a guess and not reality. Maybe he would've gotten another big contract from another team...but maybe not? Considering how shocked everyone is (not just Clutchfans, but other sites like realgm), this was an unexpected contract offer. What are the chances another team (with a sane owner...unlike Cuban) would've offered the same contract?

When you're a young man and you're about to set up your family and your children's families for LIFE, you take the money in front of you and you're a damn fool if you don't. The contract the Mavs offered was reality, cold hard cash, and your assumptions that other teams like the Hornets would've offered as much are just that, assumptions.

The pictures on tweeter on other hand...were not that classy.

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

The hornets paid the closest player to Parsons skill set MORE money and since that contract has been matched they have money.....btw calm down Latrell Sprewell his family was fine whether he got 20mil or 120 mil.

10. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Read your initial post. You make multiple references to the money situation, that's why. And the sentence you gave on him having a high probability of making as much seems to be pure speculation on your part. On top of that, if that was your main point, you really need to give some arguments to support it in your initial post. You can't just fall back on that weak part of your argument after everyone has torn down your (seemingly) true reason for losing respect for parsons.

Even if the hornets organization said publicly that they would offer parson a max contract in a week, it's still not a guarantee. By waiting, he is always taking a chance.

I'm chalking this up to you not having a decent, realistic idea of the opportunity Parsons was presented with this summer. Just think of him as a real person, put yourself in his shoes yada yada. you can't blame him, or lose respect. tx