1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons 3pt shooting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pokito1120, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

Is it just me or has anybody noticed that Chandler Parsons misses alot of open 3pt shots.

2. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

maybe you could do better

2 people like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

cleverly disguised LOF thread pissed that Parsons ruins assists for Lin by not being Novak at 3pt line.

4. pnr

pnr Member

I think his shoulder injury might have something to do with it. Still, last night he shot 50% on 3s which isn't bad at all.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You know, to start a successful thread you should include some relevant information. Like 3 point shooting this year and last year and maybe some college stats. Also an analysis of form, positioning, and where he makes and misses 3 pointers. Just a waste otherwise.

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He's been hurting recently, but he's still hitting a much improved .385 from 3pt land.

7. AFS

AFS Member

This. He shot 42% from 3 during the month of October and while his shooting has improved, it hasn't improved enough for 42% to be the norm. Law of averages means he was bound to go through somewhat of a drought. Over the last five games, he's only been shooting 30%, but that's mainly because he had a stretch of three bad games.

He's also dealing with that shoulder injury and while he claims that the shoulder injury has had no impact, his slight shooting slump and the shoulder injury have coincided. He shot better in the Spurs game, so maybe he'll start picking it back up.

8. sidestep

sidestep Member

I forget where I heard it, maybe a poster, maybe a TV announcer, said that Parsons' 3 has had less arc since his shoulder injury. That observation seems right to me. Right before the injury, his shot was looking good.

9. AFS

AFS Member

But what we should really be discussing is his vastly improved FT% this year. He's shot 76% so far this season. Compare that to his 55% in his rookie season.

During college, his FT% were:

2010-11: 55.7%
    2009-10: 66.2%
    2008-09: 55.7%
    2007-08: 62.7%

It seems so far, this season, that his FT% has actually improved and we aren't just experiencing a hot streak of shooting from the line. It's not very often that we see a player make a big jump like that over just one offseason after having a history of poor shooting from the line.

10. heypartner

LOLs. The "month of October" is one game. I'm going to assume you meant the month of November = 42.7%

11. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

He's a shreaky shooter but he makes it when it counts.

12. heypartner

you are overthinking this. He's notoriously streaky. You probably didn't know this because you signed up as a Lin fan and don't really know Parsons at all. He shot 42.7% for the entire month of November, then had two great games in December and three bad ones.

3-5
    1-7
    0-4
    1-6
    4-8

This thread does not have any relevant meaning to it. Some new member (likely just a Lin fan) starts a thread and we are assuming the OP is correct and trying to explain it, when in fact, Parsons is just fine.

This thread is just flat out wrong.

13. yunac010

yunac010 Member

He's definitely not afraid to keep shooting, like in yesterday's game. Couldn't buy a basket behind the arc then suddenly makes 3 3's in a row. :grin:

I assume his shoulder's still bothering him.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I honest thought Clutch had limited the ability of novices starting threads. Some of these 2012'ers have started more threads in their first 150 posts than I have in 2K. Torocan exempted of course!

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LOL!:grin:

16. heypartner

congratulations, you just proved you grasped the concept of a streaky 3pt shooter.

17. sidestep

sidestep Member

You're a cancer on this site with your LOF nonsense. This thread isn't even about Lin but you're so obsessed with Lin that you bring him up constantly.

Your post says nothing. I've paid special attention to Parsons' shot and his form. I don't need some a Lin stalker to tell me what I'm seeing. That has nothing to do with the stats.

18. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Are you kidding me? You're the only one that thinks this is somehow a thread bashing Parsons for Lin. Christ, you're even worse than LOF.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

He has a great point guy. 2012'ers come in and start threads with one sentence opinions. Pretty much worthless.

20. just a word

just a word Member

Agreed with this observation, it'd look ridiculously flat the first couple times he shot it in the Spurs game, but he got it back as the game went on. Perhaps warmed up the muscles enough but it's not like you can really say, sitting from here.

I think this is a knee jerk thread and is way too early to say this until maybe a week or so after he finally takes off wrappings/bandages.