1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler/Nene to meet with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 4, 2011.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Not sure what we have that would make Denver want to do the SnT with us.

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

More than nothing

Which is what Denver would get if they let him walk.

3. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next!

3 people like this.
  4. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Word is GSW (re)shopping Biedrins in hopes they find trade taker to free up more cash for pursuit of T-Chandler. In long-shot hopes, that is

5. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

This guy^.... knows what he is talking about... oh yeah and there is one important stat about chandler that people are forgetting.. he has a championship ring and playoff expierence.. something we need if we plan on winning a championship anytime soon.

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I do not see how Nene helps the Nets when they already have Lopez. Both are are really PF's not truly Centers. Both are more offensively focused than defensive. They should be going hard after Butler and Chandler/Gasol.

7. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I personally feel that adding Chandler would make this team one of the best in the West. I think we undervalue our team, we can score, if we could defend we'd be golden. With Chandler to protect we are a much much better team.

1 person likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nene is a an extremely solid individual defender. One of the best in the league, in fact. He has been that since he was a rookie...

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Very cool! Thanks!

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

None are worth the max. If that is offered then thats crazy talk. Morey cant get people here. I am thoroughly convinced if he is maxing out contracts for nonallstar type centers.

11. lalala902102001

No Chandler please. One good post season does not make a career. He is not going to be worth the money he gets paid. Quite a few teams have found that out over the years.

Nene is intriguing but I have a feeling that he is going to ask for the max. The Rockets should only give the max to a player that can make them a contender. Nene is not that guy.

12. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I think Rox will make a good offer but other teams will offer more. We should just wait for 2012.

Can we strike top a 3 draft and a top 3 FA in 2012? We can be set until end of the decade of we do.

13. cod

cod Member

Now you're making things up. Nene has always had a reputation for being and a lazy lazy defender.

Lawson, Affalo, and Gallo made the D easier for Nene. He's not getting the same help on the Rockets and there won't be a contract year to motivate him.

14. cod

cod Member

↑ edit

15. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Nene yes. Chandler no stay away.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is great news.

I am not sold on Chandler because of how fragile he is, but there is no doubt he would vastly improve our teams defense. Theres no way we would ever give the 20 million he is asking for, but I am sure Morey has a set number he is willing to spend.

What really really sucks is how close we came to nabbing him in that trade with the Bobcats, which David Andersen eventually cost us. We could of potentially solved our C problem and kept a title out of the Mavs hands :(

The better news is Nene. The fact that he is even considering us is fantastic. He is a really really good player and puts us into a better position to land Dwight or CP3, even if its just to flip him at the deadline, He would have a ton of trade value.

I dont think Golden State has a chance. New Jersey is appealing, but I think we could be front runners.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

We have the foundation. We have Kevin Martin one of the best pure scorers with amazing effeciency. Lowry is one of the best up and coming PG's in the league. Morris will probaly be our SF and Scola the PF. Tyson is a better fit or the Rockets. Scoring with Scola and Patterson wont be an glaring issue, but interior defense and rebounding is. Chandler will complement our front court really well.

Lowry
    Martin
    Morris
    Scola
    Chandler

18. tobepg

tobepg Member

Can't wait to see Bimathug's new cap analysis.

19. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

biedrins please...

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Everytime I go to san juan or st thomas I get a free trip somewhere. All I do is listen to a 1.5 presentation on hilton or wyndam timeshare properties. I'm not buying, but I like free stuff.