1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler benched for sagging his shorts

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by moomoo, Feb 27, 2004.

1. moomoo

moomoo Member

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull27.html

If you watch Rockets games, you'll see that Cat does a similar thing with his uni. Hell, in one game (I think it was against the Wizards? can't remember), his shorts fell all the way off when he went in for a layup, if ya'll can remember. I don't think anyone watching games really has any desire at all to see Cat's black underoos.

2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I saw that. I was like is that his black ass I see???

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I also noticed that about Cat recently. Dont tell me they are bringing "jailin'" to the NBA! :rolleyes:

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Could have been worse, Cat could have been going commando.

5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Cat wheres those black leg covers that go up to his waist. Same thing AI wears on his arms that goes all the way up to his shoulders. He's not flashing his goods to anyone.

6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Er meant to say Cat wears not wheres :p I really need to contribute with all my typos.

7. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Chandler and Curry seem like punks to me. I doubt it has as much to do with them sagging their shorts but all the other instances of them slacking off and being poor NBA players. Their coach should know best. I don't question him at all.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I just can't fathom why a professional can't adhere to something as simple as a uniform code.

9. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet another reason why I think we can do something in a three-way with Chicago sending a big man (or two ) to Seattle, Francis to Chicago and us getting Allen and Hinrich.

10. Genuine

Genuine Member

:confused:

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I second that!!!!!!

What is with people invading every single thread on this BBS and somehow making it a 'trade Francis thread'????

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Word. Talk about trading Steve in "Trade Steve" threads. Only.

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The same people talk about trading Steve most of the time. If you don't like it, you could just ignore us.

14. pasox2

Supporting Member

I'm just saying Curry and Chandler have some problem with Bulls brass. Ongoing problems = they might be tradeable this summer. Nothing Paxon hasn't said himself.

Big men are at a premium this summer. Very few are available. A lot of teams want one, and have spare guards to trade in exchange. Seattle, Toronto, Milwaukee, Memphis - all have stated they need a big to move up.

I put in the Francis speculation up to flesh out an earlier idea that a three-way trade could offer more opportunities to get contending teams than a two-way. There were a few multi-team deals this past summer and I think you'll see a few again this coming summer. I'd expect Chicago to move one of their poor work habit big guys, then JYD, a bad contract of either ERob or AD, & Fizer; and then make a choice to keep or move Crawford. That's a lot of action; and they should get some real star talent and some excitement to sell tickets in return; along with some strong lotto draft picks to give the franchise hope to really contend in the future.

Francis fits the bill for what Chicago needs. Young, all-star excitement; can get his own shot, gets assists, too. It could just as easily be another young all star who's on the move this summer (T-Mac? Kobe? VC?). I'd think it will be an established star, though. Chicago has enough potential guys; and a near-all star isn't going to vault that team to getting an identity; only an established star will. Chicago's a big market and it's got to appeal to a big ego to be the next star there. Anyway, the pieces are in place for a multi-team trade that delivers a star to Chicago.

15. pasox2

Supporting Member

If you click the link at the top of the thread - it gets you to the Chicago paper's article. That talks a bit more about offseason roster considerations.

Clueless Bulls fall apart, lose to Wizards

February 27, 2004

BY ROMAN MODROWSKI Staff Reporter

WASHINGTON -- Eddy Curry believes things will be different for the Bulls next season, and Curry is perceptive enough to know the mostly likely difference will be a major roster shakeup.

As Curry took the MCI Center court with Tyson Chandler and Jamal Crawford for pregame warmups Thursday, it was easy to imagine at least one of the three wearing a different uniform next season. Even Curry feels the change coming.

''From up top looking down, [management doesn't] see much change [in the record], and they're going to try to make something happen,'' Curry said. ''[They're going to] move some people.''

WIZARDS 95
    BULLS 87

Asked whether he believes he'll be part of the purge, Curry responded: ''Never know, might be. Hope not, but ...''

Operations chief John Paxson has maintained consistently he will hold his players -- regardless of age -- accountable for the team's results. And the results have been horrible. The Bulls (16-42) fell apart in a 95-87 loss to the Washington Wizards (18-38), who won the season series 3-1 and dealt the Bulls their fourth straight loss.

Chandler may be the most likely to go. He didn't play Thursday, which was his first healthy scratch of the season.

''I have no clue why,'' Chandler said. ''I definitely was surprised.

''I didn't know coming into the game I wasn't going to play. I expected to play.''

Chandler is 0-of-5 from the field in his last four games, but Skiles' problems with Chandler extend beyond the stat sheet. Skiles wasn't happy with Chandler's appearance Wednesday against Detroit. Chandler wears black nylon shorts under his game shorts, and he tucked his jersey into the nylon shorts and let his game shorts sag. The Bulls' policy is to fine players who don't wear their uniforms properly. Curry and Eddie Robinson also have been fined.

''My intention was to play him quite a bit [Wednesday], but when he checked in the game, he didn't have the proper uniform appearance,'' Skiles said before the game. ''We made it clear that wasn't acceptable.

''So, we'll see. It's a shame you have to police that.''

Skiles said he doesn't have a doghouse, but he didn't offer an explanation for not playing Chandler.

''I don't see how you could be displeased [with recent performances],'' Chandler said. "I'm playing the minutes he gives me, and I'm playing hard. So I don't think that's the case.

''I don't know. I wasn't in his rotation. Life isn't fair. I work hard and do everything I'm supposed to do. I can't sit here and try to figure out what his mind is doing. If I did that, I'd go crazy.''

Gilbert Arenas notched his second career triple-double with 21 points, 13 assists and 12 rebounds. Arenas said he's still mad at former Bulls GM Jerry Krause for drafting Trent Hassell one spot ahead of Arenas. Krause picked Hassell with the 30th selection in 2001.

Kirk Hinrich scored 23 points while Curry scored 18 and pulled down 10 rebounds.

Crawford was just 3-of-15 from the field. Crawford had been hoping to follow in the footsteps of Arenas, who was a restricted free agent last season and signed a six-year, $64-million deal with the Wizards. Crawford is hoping to stay with the Bulls, but his camp and Paxson were far apart while negotiating an extension last summer. The biggest difference with Arenas and Crawford is Arenas had led Golden State to 38 wins before becoming a restricted free agent.

''I like [Crawford], but I'll tell you the truth, he'd make more money playing point guard,'' Arenas said. ''A 6-6 point guard who can score is more rare than a skinny shooting guard.

''It's hard to judge somebody on a losing team.''

Kendall Gill played his first game after missing the previous 14 with a strained right Achilles. Gill played 26 minutes and scored 15 points.

Chris Jefferies took Gill's place on the injured list with a sore lower back. Neither Jefferies nor Scottie Pippen made the trip. Pippen is eligible to come off the injured list, but his surgically repaired left knee isn't ready. Pippen vows he'll play again this season, but the Bulls might have second thoughts. Pippen will retire after this season, so what's the point of having him risk further surgery late in a lost season?

16. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

chandler can simply be awesome sometimes
    he's like a rodman .
    he's so long and can be all over a half court with his wingspan. incredible winning intensity and stamina

every time he's in the game, the team gets so many second chance opportunities or hustle plays. he sparks the team.

antonio davis and his subpar play gets more minutes only because he's the overpaid veteran allstar. it's too bad he seems injury prone so far.

i would definitely like to see him somewhere else as a workhorse PF

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I wouldnt mind seeing him here. But im not sure you want a subpar shooter next to Yao Ming though.

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You must not have been around back when HeyPartner posted frequently. He had an...unnatural obsession with Cuttino's good looks. :)

19. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

i just don't think that's a good idea when you have to run full speed and jump up and down.

20. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

done and done