1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chances of landing Harrison Barnes?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JimmyJackson, May 31, 2012.

1. JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson Member

This guy's basketball IQ is off the charts. He's extremely atheletic and strong and those two characteristics will definitely translate to the next level. He has the potential of becoming a star in this league. Few years ago, he was being compared to Kobe Bryant/Corey Maggette type player. He has the capability of being the steal of the draft (maybe even the best player of the draft).

Of course, Anthony Davis is off limits and WILL be the sure fire #1 pick so forget that thought. If there is anyway to bring this Harrison Barnes guy though, whether it's through packaging a combination of talent/assets/picks, then maybe it needs to be done to bring this guy in. Thoughts?

2. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Doesn't matter. Rockets fans suck. Always have. They will not be there to see anyone

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Chances of This Being in the Wrong Forum?

4. amaru

amaru Member

Unless he is a 6'8" pf you can forget about it.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Hopefully 0

We already have Candler who is a better athlete and an up and coming elite defender. We have much bigger needs than Harrison Barnes IMO.

6. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Houston, where the free agent's fear to be treated like assets and the lottery picks dread to be benched for 2nd rounders.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm guessing you would prefer to start Marcus Morris over Parsons regardless of who is better. Chandlers performance earned him a place among the top 10 rookies of 2011/2012 season, in hindsight I have no doubt he would be a lottery pick if the draft could've done over.

8. JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson Member

lol nice jab. Hopefully they start showing up then I guess :)

9. jank1434

Thanks. I was hoping you'd catch on. Seriously, I'd like the pick if they can move up (which they have the assets to do, and the Mooreee mind tricks)

10. Red&BlackPudman

negative nancy..grow some nuts

11. JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson Member

I read an article from Feigan where he discusses how the Rockets have almost NO CHANCE of moving up due to the restrictions in the CBA and their pending free agents. I really hope they move up or do something because it sucks to be mediocre. On top of that, my Lakers suck too! :(

12. jank1434

CF joke, brah!

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I don't think we'll be able to move up into the top 10, but if we do we should take someone like Lamb or PJIII over Barnes.

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

LMAO awesomely depressing

15. Ashes

Ashes Member

I doubt any team in the league would value Chandler over Barnes.

16. arjun

arjun Member

yeah, I hope we can get barnes...that would be nice.

i would be equally ecstatic with either barnes or beal....but not gnna happen unless we get kings #5..even then you never know.

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Barnes can play the SG. McHale loves his big lineups. Barnes has alot of potential. I can see him getting to a better version of granger.

18. Crank

Crank Member

Barnes seems too Marvin Williams type. But frankly, haven't really watched film of him yet.

19. lionaire

lionaire Member

Do not want. Rather take Rivers at 14 then trading up get Barnes.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It's ok, Barnes can grow into a 6'8 PF. Kinda the same thing with the logic regarding the Texans and tight ends. You don't have to be a tight end to be on our roster; you just have to have been one at some point in your football career. Also, the Texans are winning in spite of this ridiculous philosophy, so maybe the Rockets can too.

Clone Wars Pt. 2! (#1 was Don Nelson on the Warriors if you have never paid attention to the NBA.)