1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

% chance for C Web

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by losttexan, Jan 18, 2001.

Tags:
  1. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

I would love to have Webber on this team as much as anyone but I feel the chances are slim. Ya'll want to base every transaction on how that will effect our chances with Webber. THAT"S STUPID! If we make a trade that took up too much cap space right now, and this summer Webber says he wants to play with us, don't you think we would trade people to make room?

What do you feel % wise are our chances with webber. I say 10% at best.

------------------

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

"so you're saying there's a chance".

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think we have a lot better chance than it sounds like. We can give him money, a young team to build around, and he has family in the area. I'd day its either Sac, Hou or NY.

------------------
    "Kenny, The Basketball scientist, Whoo Hoo."
    Charley B, on TNT

4. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

My whole feeling on this is that for Webber to go to NY the Knicks would probably have tp trade Spree for a quality salary match so NY would be out. With Sacramento you have to wonder if Webber feels that they are at their peak and if they don't win it then they never will. They have Webber at his best, they have an aging Vlade Divac, Doug Christie who will be around for awhile but he is probably close to that stage where your game worsens. There have been a few rumors in the past that Webber does not enjoy hanging around with the inmature Jason Williams. They have an impressive forward in Stojakovic and a gritty bench core. So I atleast have to wonder is the Scaramento squad at their peak. Basically I think Houston has a better chance than alot of people think. When you are a Rockets fan you must always expect the unexpected.

------------------

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The Knicks wouldn't have to trade Sprewell to get Webber if Webber wanted to go to NY - and part of that motivation would be to play with Spre.

There's plenty of overpaid Knicks;
    Allan Houston makes 10 million next season for starters, if the Knicks were to go after Webber then they would PROBABLY want to offload one of the trio of Rice/Sprewell or Houston; and the Kings would probably be unwilling to take on a large contract from a player who's not producing, so maybe a S&T involving Houston/ Camby for Webber + would be on the cards.

Anyway, long way of making my point that I don't think we're massive players in the Webber game just because we have cap-space. I'd probably say that right now we're about a 6% chance, but come the off-season the recruiting can begin and we'll see what happens then [​IMG]

But I also agree that we shouldn't be basing our hopes on the fact that we'll have Webber as a PF, let's assume instead that we'll have a PF because Mo will probably want to re-up with us!

------------------

6. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Dr: Allan will p-opt before he gets sent anywhere.

------------------
    We're going to stay together until something happens, if something happens. - Sidney Lowe on Shareef's career in Vancouver.

7. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12.34555555555%

------------------
    EZLN

8. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

I'd say more like 14.8 %, give or take...

you forgot to factor in the high number of nuddie bars in Houston, Rimbaud [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by ChenZhen (edited January 19, 2001).]

9. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

Achebe, LOL. Just watched that again a couple of nights ago.

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight

10. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

That was funny...but what movie was that from?

By the way, I put it at about 3%

------------------

11. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

3.14.....(PIE Percent)

------------------
    Life is but a dream

12. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I think our shot is better than 10%....

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

[This message has been edited by HOOP-T (edited January 19, 2001).]

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

That was from the classic...Dumb and Dumber.

Good one.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."