1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Shanks appreciation thread (Best of @HoustonRockets)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bandwagoner, Apr 29, 2015.

1. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

such a sensitive society where fake outrage and taking things out of content runs wild. The tweet wasn't that serious.....we could have deleted the tweet and moved on. Rape NEVER crossed my mind, only putting a wounded pony out of it's misery and that's what The Rockets did. Fake outrage is depressing.

2. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Safe to say the account now will just tweet boxscores at the end of games.

3. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

This guy/girl has a lot on his mind and wants you all to know it

[​IMG]

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Bro quit clogging up his appreciation thread with this. Go post it somewhere else.

5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

It must suck to be friends with you-- I'm so glad I'm not

6. LG1200

LG1200 Member

The emoji's clarify any ambiguity of the phrase.

[​IMG]

7. LG1200

LG1200 Member

RAPE!!!!! EVERYBODY RAPE!!!

[​IMG]

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Still can't believe someone actually got paid to tweet

9. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

How is he "smearing" the organization? He's said nothing but good things about the Rockets.

Also, shut up.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I wasn't offended by the tweet but Francis is right on with this - when your managing the twitter feed of a billion dollar brand, you have a greater responsibility as a PR representative. He wants to tweet all those things from his personal twitter feed - that's fine, you just won't get pair for it. If your going to take money as a representative of the Rocket's brand, then you have to hold yourself to a higher standard than his immature tweets.

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Spot on.

12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

agreed! I actually enjoyed his tweets. Taste in humor varies, but some of you are stiff

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Daryl Morey should be fired!! His tweets are an outrage to society and to mankind!

We live in the most pansy world.

14. conquistador#11

here is my theory... it was daryl who actually made the tweet then realized uh oh I already made a vagina joke.
    Chad is the fall guy, who will be rewarded for his loyalty.

15. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You get a tech! You get a tech! Everyone gets a tech! <a href="http://t.co/66f73nmmRQ">pic.twitter.com/66f73nmmRQ</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/572161072708239360">March 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. tdo

tdo Member

I wasn't a huge fan of the tweet, but I am 99.999999% that rape never crossed his mind when tweeting that. It is quite clearly referencing putting a horse down. The fact that anyone is using rape to crucify this guy is absolutely ridiculous. Honestly I despise anyone criticizing him because it was "rapey". If you think the joke was in bad taste, fine I get it, I did too. But to take it any further than that, is just making things up to scream how terrible everything is.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This thread was a nice idea in theory, OP. It's too bad people are too self-important to take their debate to one of several other threads that are better suited, despite polite requests from posters who wanted to enjoy this one. :rolleyes:

ETA: No coincidence that the people who found no humor in the account are the same ones who take obvious pleasure in ruining a lighthearted thread when they could easily join another where serious debate is already in progress.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

the 2013 season when we were missing Harden, Bev, Parsons for a stretch I tweeted to them all I wanted for Christmas was a healthy Houston Rockets squad. He tweeted back us too with some funny gif. Got a lot of hits, sucks he was let go.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He's 32, remarkably kind and intelligent. Has won multiple national awards for his work. Maybe you shouldn't accuse someone of being a "junior high dropout" or lacking education if you've never even met them.

1 person likes this.
  20. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I loved that guy..perhaps it's me being too young..