1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford: Rockets trying to move up in draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Jun 22, 2012.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Morey doesn't want to give up assets. What's new?

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The report says "14th+16th for a top 10 pick," do you know which top 10 pick it is? What if it's the 10th pick? What if the guy they'd want (or even the guy you'd want) is not anticipated to be available at that pick? Do you still complain about them not making the trade?

It seems silly to complain about the team not making a trade without knowing the specifics of such trade.

3. liveguy

liveguy Member

Gotta disagree on this one here...

I can see giving up 14, 16 and Lowry to move up in the top 5, but if not that, then ONE of those picks and Lowry to get into the top 10.

If not that....stay put roll the dice on someone that could turn out to be a player down the line.

The talent after 5 are all in the same boat and pick 6 or pick 16 could end up being the same type of player once all is said and done.

I would say take 16 and trade BACK to bostons picks to get both of those and try to trade up from 14 with Lowry (if top 10) and get your guy.

But to give up 14 and 16 AND Lowry just to move 4 spots is NOT worth it.

14 OR 16 and Lowry would make more sense if ur just moving a few spots....but no way to both unless ur going to be in the top 5.

4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

The ladies will be lining up to buy tickets if we roll out a team with Parsons, DMo, Meyers Leonard, Lee and Dragic. If Les can get them to pose for a poster in Chippendales or firefighter outfits, the Rockets will start getting major press and TV coverage.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

"as active as any team in the league"? Hmm... that does sound pretty active. Not like "very, very active" or "super active", but pretty active I'd say. However, not sure if active enough to rank more than a 5/10 on Chad Ford's Rockets Activity Scale.

Chad Ford on <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=170818">June 25, 2009</a>

Chad Ford on <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=5841318#post5841318">December 30, 2010</a>.

Chad Ford on <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=5956738#post5956738">February 17, 2011</a>

Chad Ford on <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=201214">February 23, 2011</a>

Chad Ford on <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=5974572#post5974572">February 24, 2011</a>

Chad Ford on <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=6183914#post6183914">June 16, 2011</a>

Chad Ford on <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=6679367#post6679367">March 8, 2012</a>

4 people like this.
  6. Raven

Raven Member

Yeah, cause Lowry and K-Mart is lining them up!

:rolleyes:

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

How do these people ever get these jobs? Seriously?

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Why would we turn down an opportunity to get in the top 10!?

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

THIS.

If anyone saw Chad Ford's Draft Tiers (not that it's the "be all-end all" but at least it's somewhat instructive), he has the drop from Tier 3 to Tier 4 happening after the TOP EIGHT players, and there were about ten guys in Tier 4.

This means that, at least according to Chad Ford, the Rockets could get two players at 14 and 16 that are at least "on par" with the guys available with the #9 pick.

My guess is that (a) Morey won't give up 14 + 16 just to move up to 9 or 10; and/or (b) the other team was in the top-8 but was asking for wayyyy too much in return.

Let's not kid ourselves here. Outside of Davis (and maybe Beal), there's no player in this year's draft who screams "perenniel All-Star". No need to trade the kitchen sink for the #7 pick.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Nice.

Active: Chad Ford = Aggressive : NBA Players

11. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

Lowry + #16 for #8 (Dion Waiters). Do it Daryl!

They better find a way to get into the early 2nd so they can draft JaMychal Green too.

12. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

tradition at its finest

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

NO he definitely is not watching.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Also, maybe Orlando says, yea, we will trade you Dwight but go get us two top ten picks. Well maybe they are lining up a Lowry for 6 and 14/16 for 9?

Let Morey do his work. He is good at it.

I see being active as doing your due dilligence.

Although I am not sure, I think the Rockets have probably made the most moves at deadlines than anyone.

Active does not always mean a blockbuster trade. I mean, how many moves did we make last year? D-Mo/pick swap, The vetoed trade, Flynn/Thabeet for Camby, Hill for a pick. Four trades is pretty significant IMO.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That makes absolutely no sense for Golden State.

16. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I don't think it would be in disguise, I think most would really like that. That is very wishfull thinking that they could turn into players like those two though.

17. Convictedstupid

I don't know where you guys get your news, but this is the first time I have heard of us 'actively' trying to move up.

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Do or do not... there is no try Morey :mad:

1 person likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

heard that before...somewhere

20. HorneR

HorneR Member

Hibbert just ain't gonna happen, but Asik... that could be doable. They already have big money tied up in Noah; it may be possible to pry him loose with a big enough offer.

Problem is they could respond by overpaying Lee.

And of course we're TRYING to move up in the draft. We're always trying, but as of yet I see no tangible results. I've gone into the past 3 drafts with high hopes only to come out disappointed. I'm not buying into anything until I see it come draft night.