1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford Mock Draft 6.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by LCAhmed, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Chamillionaire

And why would the Kings do that?

2. Chamillionaire

I say pick the BPA at 18 and 32 or package them with another player to move up to get one of the top 8-9 players. Get a veteran PG (Lawson) through a trade.

It's obvious we need another playmaker / faciliator more than another big man. We're ok with Dwight Capela DMo. We really need a PG. Someone who can hit open shots and create for others.

GET LAWSON PLEASE!!!

Say NO to Tyus Jones.

3. malakas

malakas Member

You mean the Wizards. The Bucks draft right before the Rockets and hopefully stay away from Looney.

4. rocketseagles07

Lol they wouldn't

5. markelliott1997

Because we are the Rockets, duh!

Seriously, I have a pipe dream of us trading up and grabbing Emmanual Mudiay with the #4 pick and running him alongside Harden and Howard. That 3 man group would be absurdly good.

6. basketballholic

No. I meant the Bucks who draft BEFORE us. Typo. We'll have to leapfrog them for Looney I'm afraid. That is if somebody else doesn't take him even earlier.

7. malakas

malakas Member

If the bucks wanted Looney no need for the Rockets to smokescreen them its out of their hands anyway.

Fyi the bucks big board has 10 names the gm said. And the priority is someone who can play center or a sg who can shoot. Portis and Hunter should both he over Looney. Maybe even Grant. They are happy where they are and dont want to trade up they have said. Looney is needless in Milwaukee. (IMO).

8. stab

stab Member

If we somehow move up to the number six position we need to draft Cauley-Stein.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Regarding the draft, on a RocketsRoundtable videocast I'll always remember what Gersson Rosas said, "we're not going to leave talent on the table."

Best Available Player every time regardless of position.

10. alethios

alethios Member

But most of the time that's a tweener PF. When will we catch a break?

11. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Doc at this point and we're still a few weeks away from the draft and just what I've seen so far Looney at #18 would probably be best player available. And we all know Morey usually doesn't draft based on position.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Oh I'm with you. Morey is gonna take BPA (or, player with most 'star' potential). Looney is bouncing all around in the mocks at the moment, I think he will be gone by 18 after the workouts.

13. PointZero

PointZero Member

The best player for the Rockets is 6'5" point guard Delon Wright. Shot 50% from the field. Unselfish. Great rebounder for his size. Long wingspan. Lateral quickness. Defensive ace. The only guard in college basketball to average better than two steals per game and one block shot.

Perfect fit for this team. Fills the defensive need. See his video breakdown at DX.

14. PointZero

PointZero Member

15. Chamillionaire

He might be available with the 32nd pick... maybe. Is he that much better than Andrew Harrison who I definitely think will be there with the 32nd pick.

I think we'll end up drafting Looney, Lyles, or Portis if one of them is available and get a PG through a trade. (Lawson)

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

17. Normalus

Normalus Member

No way his stock drops to the second round.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Every single post you make is about that player. In every thread even threads that have nothing to do with draft. Are you his agent or his father?

19. rockets13champs

Morey does nothing but that

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I'm thinking the same way, once everyone's tier levels have been tightened up will know who could possibly be there at #18 but its so difficult to predict at the moment. I'm still surmising that Morey may move #18 and really covets that #32 pick as he will probably get 1st round talent at #32 for sure. Two rookies on a team that made it to the Western Conference finals would seem like a lot if one is not picked for a draft and stash scenario.