1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford Mock Draft 6.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by J.R., May 20, 2014.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Oh yeah. And add Chandler Parsons to that list.... he may last that far, but more likely not.

Reminds me of a bit more athletic Donatas Motiejunas. Question is will he keep his name in for this draft or choose to be a lottery pick next year. The exact opposite situation Donuts was put in before he opted into the draft.

2. basketballholic

LOL

While Parsons is not a GREAT shooter..there's light-years difference between him and guys like Early and MKG when it comes to shooting a basketball. Early and MKG are Terrence _ones-esque shooting the ball.

3. RedHotRockets01

What are the odds of us landing Smart? I think he's exactly what this team needs!

4. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

You have to love Smart's toughness, attitude and BBIQ, especially on a team that looked mentally weak against Portland. But a PG that can make threes at a decent clip is vital to spacing the floor for the Rockets.

I wouldn't hate Morey if we traded Asik & #25 to Sacramento and got #8 Smart.

5. ironariza

ironariza Member

more athletic dmo
    more sf than dmo
    less post up than dmo

I will say, it is not like dmo

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So like Jan Vesely?

7. ironariza

ironariza Member

Kristraps is something like the hybrid of Giannis+Anthony Davis

8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Agreed. He's also healthy and younger than Wiggins or Parker. Compare with Bosh, he's a better rebounder and seems to be stronger with more vertical at the same age.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If that were possible I would assume motet would do that in a second.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Pg smart
    SG harden
    Sf parsons
    PF Anthony
    C Howard.

Would then have the means to shuffle people around and use the mle to have the roster where you want it.

Including getting a decent backup veteran pg and c.

It Is possible buttttt

11. basketballholic

Getting Smart would be dumb. He can't shoot either.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah even worse!!!

13. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

KJ McDaniels seems like he could be a perfect fit. Kawhi Leonard type. Potential great defender, extremely athletic. Needs to work on jump shot consistency.

14. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Kristaps is actually a good prospect. He's already surpassed Ibaka as shot blocker at same age in ACB. He's more likely to withdraw from this draft, and become a lottery pick next year though.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah. At times I'm a little offput by the lack of fluidity in his game. Kind of similar to Ibaka in that sense. In fact, Ibaka is a good comparison. Ibaka a little taller, and a bigger vertical, but Vonleh has just as big a wingspan. They're both all there athletically.

Becoming the next Serge Ibaka of course wouldn't make him the best player in this draft. But I think he has upside beyond Ibaka to develop more of an offensive game.

And if the highest ceiling upside is reached, you could be looking a bit at a Ibaka/LMA/Love hybrid... and that indeed would have the potential to be the best in this draft.

16. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

KJ. McDaniels.

17. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

You are the biggest Terrence Jones hater. For what exactly?

18. ironariza

ironariza Member

no.
    it is thanasis

19. Possum

Possum Member

We need to trade up and take Zach LaVine

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

I still don't see what James Young does that puts him over Rodney Hood and I watched them both several times throughout the season. Hood is a much more versatile player on offense with his ability to take his man of dribble and as a jump shooter (%'s off the charts: 48-43-82) and was far more consistent. Both guys had the task of guarding the opposing teams best player and neither of them really stood out on that end but Hood's height and length gives him more upside especially once he puts on some more weight. Adding weight would also allow him to play the 4 in small ball situations as he often did at Duke. Only real knock on Hood is his age of 22.