1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0 Picks: 1-5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, May 6, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

No I get what you're saying, we're both special cases since we have these protections. Even for our entire season of being the worst in the nba, we'll have only 52 percent to show for it. Definitely not ideal, but my argument is that 8 percent matters. I don't think its worth it at all, if rockets had the chance to keep their pick at 40 percent and we took it down to 32 to stick it to the okc, that would just be dumb to hurt our own odds. Yes giving up the pick sucks, if we give it up i'd feel better if it falls later or the draft pick is just wrong, but still the rockets can't do anything about the past trades, we can just maximize our chances now, which we have done, and which the timberwolves haven't and thats the argument. nothing smart in what they are doing throwing away each percentage odd that might help you.

2. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

I dislike tanking. Just play the freaking games and let the results be as they may.

I understand where you are coming from but recent lottery results since the rule change show any team can win it. Yes you try to maximize it but when there is a big chance that you will be giving your precious pick away. You will say I really don’t care anymore, let me just play the game.

Hope rockets and wolves keep their picks.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  3. DonatelloLimestone

Ha I get where you're coming from. I think all of us now at this poitn are finding entertainment and some silver linings or enjoyment from this season where we sit squarely at the bottom of the league. Where Ws don't matter and we're just hoping for flashes of player development and our thing hits. It makes for great entertainment and somehow after the last few years, its more enjoable to watch the high warriors suffer rather than the timberwolves who seemingly never can stay a real threat. In any case, enjoy the game, Cna't wait till june 22nd to see it play out.

COMPAQ CENTER likes this.