1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0 Picks: 1-5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, May 6, 2021.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He will be a decent rotational player. Just not a top 5 pick. At least not for the first 5 years of his career.

REEKO_HTOWN and Bo6 like this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think he had us getting Usman Garuba. An undersized big man with good wingspan.

3. dmoneybangbang

He's very lean and tall. I'd feel better about his defense if I saw him competing against g league competition.

Bo6 and saleem like this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think he would have been exposed in the G-league. Kinda like Isaiah Todd was.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm still holding out for a
    Cunningham or Green 1st pick
    Day'Ron Sharpe 2nd
    Jaden Springer 3rd

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'll take Gerlad Green and George Springer

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. Sanity2disChaos

Green will be better than everyone but MAYBE Cade.

he has already competed against NBA talent and looked Gooooood!

Bo6, juanming, arabrocket and 2 others like this.
  8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Tweener? He’s 7 feet tall. He defends the basket and can guard all 5 positions.

I don’t think it’s smart to build a team around a big in modern basketball, but Mobley is very talented. Very smart defender, good vision on offense, skilled post up, great in transition, and extending his shot to 3 point range. Could be a very good #2 on a contender IMO.

D-rock, B-Bob and RudyTBag like this.
  9. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

The Mobley slander is un called for

I would take cade and green over him

But he comes into play after that

D-rock and BossHogg713 like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

He barely weighs more than Suggs..... Like I said, earlier if he had done against g league competition it would be a different story.

11. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Best mock draft prediction since Yao Ming.

12. DonatelloLimestone

phew, now Minesota is tied for 3rd with about 4 teams. they will lose their pick I belive top 3/4. At least we're not Minny, can't even tank right.

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i know cade will make us a better team and he's going to be a solid player.. but the little fan inside me hopes we drop to #2 and take green. KPJ+Green backcourt is just too too fun. he's going to be like jamal crawford on roids.

arabrocket and BossHogg713 like this.
  14. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Rather have Wolves get the pick and not the Warriors.

saleem and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. DonatelloLimestone

Me too, as competitors I'd rather have the wolves get it. Thats why I am absolutely baffled when its this damn close to the end of the season they were right there and managed to screw up even tanking and now lowered their percentage and continue to do so to the point where they lose their top pick

BossHogg713 likes this.
  16. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

I beg to differ, I think the wolves know what they’re doing. They feel that they’re going to lose their top pick anyways which is 60% chance of that happening.

Yes they decrease their chances slightly to obtain itop three picks but on the other hand if they don’t make it to the top three they will drop all the way to 8 9 or 10 and give that to the Warriors. They don’t want to give the warriors the 4th pick which I understand.

To be honest, Houston should’ve done something similar.

Most will disagree with me but that’s my opinion.

17. DonatelloLimestone

Its top 3 protected, as in the wolves keep it only in the top 3. Just like with the rockets, you have small percentage hopefuls to keep it. Rockets have a 52 percent chance to keep their pick, we have secured the best possible hope of that, the rest is up to the basketball gods.

Why would the wolves lower their own chances even incrementally when the wins mean nothing to do their franchise. The difference from them guaranteeing the best odds to keep vs losing it is right now maybe 2-3 games they could've done it and they did this in the end of the season. Its not a great situation I agree, but if you can give yourself 40-45 percent vs 30 percent odds and its a matter of 2-3 inconsequential wins, why would you not go and take that extra percentage. They also don't have any guarantee that they will drop to 8/9/10 since its so close, they can't guarantee the next wins either, so it could still very well be 4-5-6 or whatever. Thats just a silly thing to play with when the wins mean nothing and to hurt your own odds for the warriors, you gotta do whats best for your team. Its a timberwolves-y thing to do, but beyond me.

You think Houston should've done something similar? Really as in rather than take our 52 percent chance of keeping the pick win games that mean nothing and lower those odds to stick it to okc? What kind of 4d checkers am I reading here.

18. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Now that Rockets are guaranteed three worse record they need to start winning some games. Third worst would be nice. I don’t want to give my fifth pic to OKC. Yes I’d rather give them 6th or 7th pick.

saleem likes this.
  19. DonatelloLimestone

me too, now winning games doesn't change our perspective. We're guaranteed the top 3 in terms of best percentages as we clinched it. Rockets gotta take care of the rockets, we take the best shot for us which was getting into that 3. We did that, afterthat if we can screw over OKC, sure, but the whole point is you were saying timberwolves we're smart, they haven't clinched the top 3 and they put themselvs in a position where they may not clinch the best percentage to keep their pick, they lwoered their own odds and you are saying thats good bc it sticks it to GS? First and foremost, you take your best shot for your team, they did not and now its a big question if they will get that same element. You cna't automatically just win games, there is competition. So I'm not sure how to justify timberwolves like you do. Yes there is a lot out of your hands in the lottery, but you give yourself the best shot and if that means the increments are small percentage, you give yourself those odds. 7th place team has 7 percent shot compared to the lowest teams 14. The percentages are smaller now in the lottery, but you take your best shot at that. We at least did that, timberwolves are playing around with themselves and it makes no sense.

OKC/Warriors position is absolutely 2nd or 3rd priority, to say the timberwolves are smart at what they are doing makes no sense.

20. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Now that the T-wolves are 6th worst rather than 3rd worst, there chances of giving up their pick went up from 60% to 68.2%. High either way. But now have the chances to give their 7,8,9 or 10 pick to the Warriors went up from 7% to 50%

Note the the wolves and rockets are special cases since there is a good chance they will be giving up their picks. These strategies don’t apply to other teams like pistons, magic, thunder and cavs since they will be keeping their picks no matter what.
    http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

#80 COMPAQ CENTER, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021