1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford and Coach David Thorpe talk Rookies!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ickaruto, Oct 29, 2021.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

its not pretty now. better throw green into the fire and see what happens. I dont even want him to be primary ball handler, i just want him to get the ball more in spots where he can use his athleticism instead of just standing in the corner. If he has the ball more he can do that.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  2. MystikArkitect

He is a (much) better decision maker with the ball than KPJ at 19.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

KPJ at 19 was a backup SF.

If you trust Stone, they saw something in Porter that you obviously cannot see or lack the patience to have a newb learn the position.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. MystikArkitect

I get that they see something in him. I'll wait until the end of the season to really make an assessment. That being said, Green currently has better vision and decision making than Porter Jr.

5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

"Horrible shot" isn't a generalized term. A good shot for KD is a bad shot for almost all other players. If he took bad shots, he wouldn't be efficient. He obviously is.

D-rock likes this.
  6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Jamal Crawford is actually a perfect comparison. I try to avoid agreeing with DD out of principle, but until Green actually proves something, that's all he is.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is what the experts said, that they see him being anything from Beal to Crawford.

DD

tycoonchip and ickaruto like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

After a presason and a couple of weeks? Tough crowd.

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly with the right coaching he could very well be a Ray Allen type of player. He needs to work on his shot. That release has to be fast and accurate. He needs to Stop the Kobe/Jordan BS because he isn't built that way. He has SHORT ARMS! SHORT Arm people tend to make good shooters with the exception of MCW! He needs to learn to move without the ball. Get guys to set screens for him and he has to snake his way around. For defense though... we're really going to need to surround him with good defenders. Maybe beal might be a good comparison.

10. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Imagine thinking a floor of Jamal Crawford (borderline HOFer) is a bad 'worst case scenario' for Green.

[​IMG]

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm sure you feel that way but you'd be wrong.

Porter averaged THREE TIMES more assists his first season as a guard.

That's 6 AST vs. 2 AST.

And Porter is struggling a little as a playmaker so far this early in the season but still averaging over TWICE as many assists as Green.

12. NewAge

NewAge Member

exactly! so did he improve his shot-selection, or did he improve his shot-making? I say he improved his shot-making. If anything, IMO J.Green is quite judicious in his shot selection. He just can’t get any makes at all. To say, he needs to improve his shot-selection like KD did, that’s a real head-scratcher. He needs to be able to score from various levels, that’s why he got drafted #2

13. NewAge

NewAge Member

the floor is all those acrobatic guards that didn’t do much: harold miner, fred jones, gerald green