1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] Yao and others after Thursday practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by somenobody, Nov 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Rox2010Champ

Rox2010Champ Member

Yao can't be fully recovered til next year at best
    he should be coming off the bench this year.. its bst for the team and his career

2. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Seems like the team has lost its fire and intensity since Landry left and Martin arrived!

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Yao's foot is fully recovered.
    Rockets and the doctors are just monitoring the newly constructed foot very closely, see how it responses to the pressure at NBA level.

4. Rox2010Champ

Rox2010Champ Member

that's part of getting his foot back to 100% without any limitation
    they should limit his minutes this year and let him be himself in the coming years

5. bloop

bloop Member

Yao's foot is recovered but his game isn't fully recovered.

We don't know how long it will take but it could be anywhere from months to years based on past cases.

Yao looked about as angry as I've ever seen when the idiot interviewer asked him if he should sit so his team could win. I can see where that would be a direct insult to Yao. He's doing everything to bring himself along but it's like saying he's not contributing to the team. To someone like Yao you win and lose as a team and that's pretty much the most insulting thing you could say to him both professionally and for his integrity as a player.

6. bloop

bloop Member

lol yeah. he said "It's all on us. It's on me and on my teammates."

the Anti-Tmac. Mac said he was going to take care of it. Yao is saying each guy on that team needs to step up and take responsibility, starting with him.

7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agreed. Martin just looks smug all the time but he is not. If anything I am shocked he doesn't complain about only getting 5 minutes in the 4th quarter. You can talk all you want about his "disappearing" act in the 4th but he should at least have 10 minutes in the 4th to try and close out games. If he can't do it then we need to go to somebody else down the stretch. I am confident he can still be our best 4th quarter player if given the minutes. He should touch the ball on every possession in the 4th and either post up Yao or look for his shot by getting in the lane which he can do at will.

8. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

The problem with Yao is his mentality. Soft spoken.

Its unfortunate, he doesn't have a more aggressive mentality on taking leadership. He sort of lets people dictate his actions (probably still used to the China sports team theory).

The only time we ever see an aggressive Yao, is when people dunk on him and show no respect by smack talking. He needs to take this attitude and apply it to the 4th quarter.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Tmac didn't try those times but I believe he was refereeing to the playoff series in which he made that infamous statement. He did try that time. But lets not go back and fourth on this again. It's been done.

10. VanityHalfBlack

Yao has a pretty huge chin... Has he meet Jay Leno?? :grin:

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think RA is in denial. After listening to his latest interview, it's apparent he doesn't want to admit that some of his players are frustrated over his rotations. The interviewer mentioned Kyle--I would think Kyle is outspoken enough to say what's on his mind.

First, the coaches say let's give the ball to Yao when he's in the game. You see guys like AB and KM deferring to Yao. Then now DM says it doesn't mean Yao has to take the shot on every possession.

For me, that sounds like a confused and confusing game plan. Let the guys play and see who is effective. What I'd like to see is an inside-outside game--more kick-outs from the post players and more slashing from the guards for feeds to the bigs. Not individual play

Bottom line is the coaches should have been using Jordan Hill more and he refused to until the NO game. RA knows the defensive liabilities of many of our guys. I would think the best thing is make sure there's always a mix of offense and defense on every line-up. But no, he chooses to go with AB, KM, CB, LS, and YM at a crucial point in the 4th quarter. It's like squeezong blood out of stone. How long before RA realizes some players will never be top defenders?

12. esteban

esteban Member

Here's a question for you guys! Would you be ok with the fact that this is sort of like a rebuilding year for us, I want to win just as much as the next guy, we all know Yao is a huge part in winning and not having him full time explained our current losing streak, but if we rush him out there and ignored all of the plans they have for him, I don't think Yao is going to last very long.

Why not just treat this as a rebuilding year, be patience and let things develop naturally, if it was meant to be ,Yao will come back stronger and better than before and we will have no regrets that we did not do the right things!

13. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

At 4:40 mark...what was the girl doing to Chase? :)

14. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

The Rockets have always been known to start the season slow and finish strong. Patience is key.

15. worzel gummidge

How we perceive people can be funny.

I thought Martin was just being calm in all the chaos of a 0-4 start. Cool as a cucumber but not smug.

I find people who speak like Battier to be very insincere. In that video it sounded to me Battier was loving the sound of his own voice more than what he was saying to be important.

1 person likes this.
  16. alethios

alethios Member

Agreed, Martin is trying not to get down about their situation. They're professionals and should act accordingly. However, I would like to see a little more fire in him during the game.

17. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Adelman talks about our players mentally checking out in the fourth. Call me crazy, but I'm of the philosophy that if a player isn't mentally in the game, he shouldn't be physically in the game.

1 person likes this.
  18. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Agreed. Repped

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Maybe Adelman should coach em up a bit...

DD

20. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

A coach can only help players who want to be helped. If they don't want to play basketball then the coach can't do anything about that.

1 person likes this.