1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] Yao and others after Thursday practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by somenobody, Nov 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Some guys can't help smiling when they talk to people. I don't think he is taking the situation lightly, he is just trying to stay positive.

2. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Yao...a king amongst children :eek: lol..i hope they get things rolling!

3. bratna8

bratna8 Member

You guys need to *****in relax....even in games, Martin never shows that much emotion.....he's just a laid back guy, doesn't mean he doesn't give a *****.

4. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

That opening 30 sec gasp sounded soooo bad.

Sounded like Yao just deposited a Yao-sized deposit in the crapper.

Ka=plunk!

:)

theSAGE

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

yes because KM likes losing... :rolleyes:

I think the sadness in Yao's expression speaks volumes about what we should expect. And I suspect it starts with chemistry issues and people not sticking to game plan. Martin? Brooks? Both are trying to be alpha dogs.

6. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

Maybe it's your laptop that's worthless.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I head the sound just fine.

8. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Hopefully the next interview isn't of Yao saying, "It's all my fault. Blame me. The war in Afghanistan? It's my fault. The economy in the tank? It's my fault. Sarah Palin getting rich for being an idiot? It's on me."

That didn't work out so well last time...

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Thanks for the vids hilltopper

Shane has seen worse... that doesn't make me feel better.

Yao is angry... and I hope he isn't the only one.

I honestly suspected that they would break the streak of losses against New Orleans, but maybe against the Spurs is even better.

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

How is Martin trying to be an alpha dog? The guy doesn't even touch the ball in the 4th quarter... and if he does he usually passes it off anyways.

Ultimately, I think Adelman hit it right on the head about the 4th quarter issues. The team loses focus. It's as plain as day. Aaron Brooks sits in the paint and just watches his man hit open 3s. Luis Scola tries to move around on defense too much and he loses his man who hits the open jumper, or gets the easy layup. Guys forget to box out their man and it leads to an offensive rebound, an extra opportunity, which the other team usually takes advantage of.

And then on offense the guys just stop running the system.

Those are things this team needs to fix, and I really hope this next game is when they start to figure it out.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

it's as if Martin thinks basketball is just a game, what a jerk...

;) ;)

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

still cant see this vid...the whole KPRC site seems slow.

13. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

RA was talking directly about brooks when he said his head was not in the game. Called brooks a bit upset about not getting enough shots.......

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

they dick away chances by rushing, both of them. Martin just misses a lot of shots when he does, goes cold, and passes eventually.

15. Felece

Felece Member

"Its on Me"

Ughhh a T-Mac repeat

16. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Wow!

This is exactly what I was talking about in this post:
    (Told you so! I should get into coaching psychology.)

But comedy aside, I think Rick Adelman has hit the nail right on its head. Our guys just need to regain their focus on the court.

This will only come with practice.

They didn't get enough practice when they were supposed to (before the season), and were already in "we can coast" mode probably because they see our team depth. That clearly won't fly, and the record shows it.

The underdog mentality is what helped them concentrate last year. This year, I think they see our depth and so each player is deferring to another when it comes to performance at times of meaning (crunch times/end of games), just because they haven't had practice in applying that extra effort in those situations for a few months.

That said, once they start to get their heads into it, they will win.

Who takes the first step towards this? That's a really tough question that I don't have an answer for yet. While I like our guys, here are the problems with who steps up: Shane talks too much, so I don't think it can be him. Scola's tired from the summer; Chuck's talking a lot more now so the weight of his word has diminished; Yao is just getting back into it; Kevin Martin is a diplomat; Lowry got paid and isn't looking fiery anymore; Brooks? Maybe he just has to suck up his depression over the contract situation and try to motivate these guys; all the others are too new or too young, and not influential enough.

Regardless, I hope they get themselves in a good mental place in reasonable time... <--- doesn't mean right now; but hopefully it's sorted by 15-20 games into the season so we can still have a good record and playoff seeding.

So it's not any one player that needs to be shipped out asap. It's their minds and chemistry that need to show changes

P.S. I hope it's Yao that sparks this team because he can become a central point for us again, and I think everyone that has seen this clip is encouraged by him.

#56 srrm, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  17. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Definitely.

Brooks is the master of the "I haven't shot in awhile" shots.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

battier is extremely happy though. he should be the one crying and embarrassed.

yao is playing better than expected coming back from a tough surgery. he should get a pass. and yet he still cares more than most on that team. pathetic.

19. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Everyone has different characters, Yao is just a diligent worker who devotes every bit to his work.

Everyone on this team should take the blame now and Yeah they should be pissed and ready to kick some ass no matter who steps on the court against them the next time.

Yao should show his emotion during games and let the others know, if you are not playing defense, ****ing sit there and watch....

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I hated seeing Rockets lose with Yao not playing full minutes....but what the hell can you do?? It's like you want to be mad...but you can't because you pretty much know why Rockets lose....BECAUSE YAO IS NOT PLAYING FULL MINUTES...PERIOD!! i DON't care what everyone said about other players not contributing but if Yao is not full minutes...we're not giving our best chance to win PERIOD.

I don't know when the hell they're going to wake up and just say screw the damm doctor and just play Yao already!! Of course, coaches and Yao can't say a thing about it because one the one hand, Yao want longevity career in basketball and on the other hand, he was pissed that he can't contribute full minutes...i am absolutely certain Yao is pissed and can't do a damm thing about his minutes...because if they play him full and he ended up having a freak injury again...they're going to say..."i told you so!"