1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] TMac: "I feel like I'm back"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jan 20, 2009.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I believe Usain Bolt used Tracy's training techniques prior to the Beijing Olympics.

2. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Maybe we will be seeing a fierce TMac out there.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man I hope so....

Better late than never.

DD

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Tmac to da Track to run 100's has point forward potential.....

THREAD CONTINUE GO

6. DaDakota

Move him to the point forward position, start AB at the PG position and....GO !

DD

7. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

You're banned from the bandwagon. He could get back to back finals MVPs and you're not welcome back.

Keep your ass with haters!

8. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

could barely bench press 115????? Wow, my little brother can do that, it shows you how weak he was .

9. DaDakota

I am not a hater. I am just a realist.

Tmac could have done this work BEFORE THE SEASON......nothing has changed....

But I am glad he is putting in the work now......as I said...HE DIDN"T PUT IN THE WORK.....glad he is finally doing it.

I am a Rockets fan, have been one longer than you have probably been alive.....if he is wearing the Red and white, I will cheer for him, and if he dogs it...I will crucify him.......

I expect him to play hard....that is NOT asking too much.

DD

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Actually T-Mac, needs to be out until after the All-Star game...

Being able to dunk is great, let's see how he does cutting to the basket.

Going straight is not his problem... Making quick cuts and jumping (and not just jumping to do a dunk) will be the test.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

fans will only respect him if he advances in the playoffs. that's all that matters.

12. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Take it easy, McGrady still won't play defense, like he hasn't played it ever.

I will be ok with him playing with a good attitude; running some fastbreaks; atacking the defense; playing for his basket and not for the pass; and finally rounding the 42-43 FG%s

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I don't care what he says. give him ANOTHER 2 weeks off. we're not struggling without him. let him get "really" healthy.

14. DaDakota

The team needs to advance, I am hopeful that Tmac comes back humbled and hungry and plays within the system because if we go to the playoffs again and he is dominating the ball, it will be first round and out...AGAIN !

DD

15. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

hmmm, let's have a group orgasm? In fact, I said yes for you guys.

16. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

This seems to miss the obvious to me. He and his trainer are talking about this is his standard offseason regiment, meaning he does it every year.

So, do you think he woke-up this one summer and said "You know screw the Rockets I'm just going to cash my check this year and get fat"? Or, most likely was it that he didn't have medical clearance post two surgeries to go through the regiment?

I'm 34 years old and have been a fan since 6 years old not understanding why Moses Malone would "leave his friends".

Sounds like you also play. How about a SmoothOperator versus DDQ charity 1 on 1 match? Winner picks the charity and both of us donate say $500?

17. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I hope McGrady really does come back REAL strong and the T-Mac we know but dont you guys think we should let him rest up until the all star break?

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

McGrady freely admits a lot of his problems are mental and that he's not in shape. At least there is some candor. Whether it's legit that his knee prevented him from working out last summer we'll never know for sure.

Hopefully he'll come back and hit the ground running within a week or so. But I also hope he's been watching the offense flow while he's out and tries to adapt when he comes back (like happened last year). The Rockets needs him to move without the ball and when he receives a pass, he needs to make his move or give it up quickly instead of trying to iso every time.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Tracy is our best passer. Why shouldnt he be controlling the basketball?

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it was all mental with tracy primarily. physically, it's real easy. mental is the toughest aspect.

i think he'll go through a few more practices really hard and this time the team will really gauge how he does (attack the rim hard, dunk, how he moves..., and also any more swelling?). if all is good, come back v. detroit is fine. if not, wait longer.

we need to establish the team with tracy b/c we need him for the stretch run. he'll take the all-star break off anyways.