1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] TMac: "I feel like I'm back"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jan 20, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

his shoulders bro. he'll have another surgery on it at the end of the season. can't put too much tension there.

but at least he can still bench more than kevin durant

2. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Yes, thats normal. I've been injured on the shoulder... you don't regain the strength in a month or two, and less if there has been surgery. Takes a time.

And ant the same time the knee... Really it's another excuse, but again he has been very very unlucky, that's the truth, take it like you want.

3. blender

blender Member

If he returns for the Detroit game on the 25th, he would have had 18 days since the Philly game (6th).

4. sleepyassassain

he finally dunked

5. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Whatever you guys see out of this, this is definitely good news.

First off, we need him for the playoffs. There's no question about that. No trade will do us more good than a healthy T-Mac.

Second, no matter how bad he's been, improvement is better than no improvement. I'll take 185 bench press 5 times. It's not great, but hey, would you rather have 115? Accusations are gonna come and I'm not saying they aren't justified - they absolutely are - but again, I'm a Rockets fan, and I'll happily embrace everything good coming.

6. t_mac1

tracy had so much talent that after scoring 26pts, him and his trainer said, nah, that ain't it.

after watchig the whole video, i like that he has regained the confidence in his knee (mental aspect). and he has regained the quickness and explosiveness.

but he has to do it on the court.

and for people saying tracy is lazy (sure he's not the hardest worker), but you cannot do nothing to be the superstar player that he has been.

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Better late than never, I suppose. It's time to end the pity party and come back to the court w/ a vengeance!

8. fmp087

fmp087 Member

LOL. Looks like McGrady doesn't want to be traded. I think he finally realized that he is replaceable with the contributions of Wafer and acquisition of Artest.

I think he is finally motivated to prove himself, or, like always, just a bunch of words.

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

10. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

4.69 9 days later after busting his ass.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Tracy: "I feel like [I have a spine in] I'm back"

12. onreego

onreego Member

return of the mac
    return of the mac
    once again...

13. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

Well I guess we shouldn't have to wait long to see if all these physical improvements come to fruition. What's exciting about this is his attitude. It seems like so much of the problem is always mental with this guy. He hasn't acted this upbeat since last season's winning streak. Keepin' my fingers crossed, but this seems to be a good sign.

14. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Wait... 4.69 for 40 yards? That's a 12.8 100 meter! Even I could run that! Professional athletes should run at least a 12. A guy with McGrady's athletism should run close to 11, which translates to a 4.0.

15. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

heh ever since tracy hasn't been tracy and has taken some time off, it's almost like my mind believed that we didn't have artest and tmac on the roster still.

truthfully with tmac i wanna say im pretty optimistic. but ya, never know till we see him play.

we need ya tmac!

hm one of my friends brought up a good point the other day. dunno if clutchfans has pondered it already or not ... that the only person capable of making the passes in the high post is tmac ... i mean the most efficient ... i mean ideally he's got too many options at the high post and if rick tried to make him the high post guy ... that'd be interesting.

16. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

LOL, look what ten days of hard work could do for you, after the team finally put the foot down. While this is mostly for damage control and pr, it's good news for the Rockets...as long as they are not afraid to put the foot down.

17. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

18. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

You're an idiot...some of the fast football players in the league run roughly in the 4.2's and 4.3's...and they are few and far between. I agree that he could still get it a little quicker, but 4.5 would be more reasonable.

19. t_mac1

i don't know if he ran a 40 or not but basketball players don't need to be fast, they need to be quick.

they're not football wide receivers or track stars. bet you a fat tracy could outrun brandon roy but doesn't mean brandon roy isn't deceivingly quick

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Great to hear!