1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] TMac: "I feel like I'm back"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jan 20, 2009.

1. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

lies.
    all of it, lies.

2. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

i still can't believe that he is out of shape, i mean his team has so much talent this year and that's how he embraces the new season....being out of shape.

i am still in shock.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

blah blah blah

let the game do the talking

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good to hear - great stuff. Thanks for posting.

5. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

6. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

10 days. OK, give him 5-7 more days. Take your time man, its only January... No, seriously, 4-5 pounds... I think he should lose 5-6 more, he was fat, completely out of form... and probably he lost 4-5 pounds in last 1-2 months!

7. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

seems too good to be true...it's everything a rocket's fan wants to hear.

8. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

He needs to lose 10-15 pounds imo, let him get his conditioning back for 2 more weeks.

9. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

my video stopped at 10:38.. :confused:

only hearing sound in one ear.. :(

10. WillG

WillG Member

he should keep resting til after all star break

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Rockets fans are a funny lot :)

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They show him working out (and oddly not bustin' even 1 drop of sweat... now that's in shape!) around the 2:32 mark. His upper body looks pretty lean.

13. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Yeah, but I'm glad he's still impressed with his ability.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

thanks for the video HillTopper.

i will check the video out when I get home

but looking at the comments so far i will say this:

a)its really encouraging to see that mcgrady is working hard to get back in shape, and while its a damn shame he didnt do it sooner at least he now he did it and there is still time for the team to come together for the stretch run to the playoffs

b)i will not believe all this "i'm back" stuff until i see it out on the court, and I dont mean scoring 25 a game or so but effort at both ends of the court and buying into adelman and the team's offense. if he does this the sky is really the limit for this team. even if he is fully confident in his abilities when he does return to the court but becomes a ball stopper on offense again, it will not bode well for the overall success of the team IMO.

15. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

RE-HAB (nooo nooo no...). Knee rehab + shoulder rehab = no gym + no conditioning = 7 months static = dewlap

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he had 2 surgeries. he stayed off any weight training b/c it caused arthritis in his shoulder.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I can't believe he was starting at 115 for a bench press. That is definitely out of shape...no wonder his play is so terrible. Even I bench 120 just to WARM UP!

Really shows that he hadn't fully come back from the shoulder surgery and knee surgery...looks like he just needed to work with his trainer.

18. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

Thanks Hilltoper!

19. noize

noize Contributing Member

This is a hate/love video for me.

I hate how he needs someone to motivate him despite him knowing what he needs to go through to be successful. Definetely not a self motivator like other super-stars(kobe,Lebron...etc).

I do love the fact that he's pushing hard and has the right mindset during off time from basketball.

I think the best thing he said was that his fans are divided into three parts and that he doesn't care since he knows he will win them back and get them on the bandwagon. That sounds like a jab at us Clutchfans.LOL. Yea, he did look slimmer in the vid and his trainer sounds sincere and very promising.

"Its not how you start but how you finish"

Get it done T-Mac!! Your true fans are all counting on you!!

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm reminded of Charles and Di, when they sat down before the cameras for an interview. It amounted to slow-pitch softball, all of it cornball fake-smile B.S. to hide the truth of their crumbling marriage.

So here we get slow-pitch softball with Tmac. "Hey, why don't you guys come interview me working out, and don't ask me if I'm a malingering $21,000,000 hole in the lineup..."

Sorry about the cynicism. The leopard might hide his spots---stand in the shade; roll around in the mud a little---but he can't change them.