1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ch 2] McGrady could be out for season (UPDATE: MRI reveals no damage)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketabc, Feb 11, 2009.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I smell trade security! THe only way a team will think about taking Tracy is if he can at least Walk on the Court.

2. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

You would think we are the Cowboys or Yankees with all the dang drama..

Chilcutt

3. Tornadoofsoul6

4. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

isnt this andrews the same guy who said his knee is ok when tmac came to see him before? i wonder if he just said the mri was ok to cover up his earlier booboo.

but whoever said that the initial mri indicated missing cartilage , is gonna be in hot water.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

This is McGrady's mind we're talking about here so who really knows. But I'm thinking it mighta been a last ditch desparate attempt to be like the "old T-Mac".

6. dantonv08

dantonv08 Member

phriggen rockets always playing with my emotions!

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It does not say that. It says there are no new injuries:

"Rockets guard Tracy McGrady has been ruled out of tonight’s game against the Sacramento Kings because of on-going problems with his left knee.

McGrady underwent an MRI examination that revealed no knee injury or other changes since previous tests and diagnoses, the Rockets announced Wednesday. The Rockets said holding him out of tonight's game was a "precautionary measure."

McGrady has missed 16 games this season while trying to rehabilitate his knee after last May’s surgery. He played in seven of eight games since returning from two weeks of conditioning, missing one with a sprained ankle. He made 1 of 9 shots Monday in the loss in Milwaukee.

McGrady is averaging 15.6 points per game, making a career-low 38.8 percent of his shots."

8. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Wow, I think i'm taking tonight off as a Rockets fan. The whirlwind of emotions today has been too much. I think i'll just catch the highlights of tonight's Kings game!

10. lalala902102001

So is he OK or not?

This whole thing's ridiculous.

11. leonking

leonking Rookie

Wow, I love you Tmac, we want more drama!

what's next?

12. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

-__- <------- My reaction

13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Yao Ming?

14. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Plays through what? The MRI revealed no damage.

15. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

no chow yun fat

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm well aware. I've taken anatomy courses (with cadaver labs), worked under orthopaedic surgeons, and have a MS in Biomedical Sciences. Maybe I got snarky, but please trust me that if McGrady has a bald spot, it's not involving either meniscus.

It happens with all basketball players....happens with runners, football players, anyone that works the knee over. Think of the articulating surface cartilage as an ice rink. Over time, it gets chipped away. When ortho's scope to smooth out the cartilage they can only do so by "sanding it down". The cartilage doesn't grow back. How quickly you lose it, and if you develop a bald spot, is a combination of your individual body and how much pounding you expose the knee to.

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I lol'd

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It was probably McGrady's cousin (not Vince Carter) who held up a photo copy of the old MRI over a lamp. Tracy will go to anyone who will tell him that he has an excuse for playing so poorly.

19. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

I know no team wants him, but what if by chance he is being traded and the Rockets are not wanting to let anything out before the All Star break. The timing is funny. I have a feeling there is more to this story.

20. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

this has easily been the most bizarre turn of events in clutch fans history.

the only other thing that comes close is rudy gay somehow still being on the board at #9 and then...