1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 interview] Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Member

3 people like this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

anyone care to transcribe? i can't listen where I'm at...

3. Egghead

Egghead Member

haha... great interview... thanks for posting. :grin:

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

I guess this is already stating the obvious, but damn Landry is such a badass. I mean, the interviewer cracked a joke about his teeth and Landry just laughed like they were talking about a knee scrape or something. If it was me I'd have nightmares of losing my teeth every night after **** like that happened. Then again, Landry survived getting hounded and shot in the leg and only missed a week, so...

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Member

Great interview.

The interesting tidbit I got from it was that Landry was about to be sent to the D-League the very next day, he already had his plane ticket and everything. Adelman unexpectedly put him in the game that same night. He said it was totally unexpected -- and he responded with 15 points and 11 rebounds. After the game, Adelman told him maybe he should stick around. Good choice, Rick.

#5 LongTimeFan, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Member

Good interview, thanks for the post.

7. anelka3913

anelka3913 Member

he sounds like ron is returning

8. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Good interview, Carl Landry has definitely stepped up this season and I hope we can keep him for many seasons.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

Garnett wouldn't have been with the Twolves Carl's rookie year.. that was the year Boston won the whole thing. So he was already in Boston.. would have been Al Jefferson (if he wasn't hurt)

Great interview though! :) Thanks for sharing Topper of hills! :cool:

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

they were going to send him to the d-league... shame on Morey..

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

damn that guy is humble... him, Kyle and Shane are just stand up kinda guys. So glad we have people like him on the team.

12. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

He does seem like such a nice guy, really excited about the bobble head, going early so I can get one. Love the fact its sponored by a denist to.

13. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I like lowry but I can't help but say that he seems a little full of himself. Overall a nice guy but all my friends were there when I talkd to him and we all agreed he acted like he was a little better than us. Not on purpose, I don't think, but he just came across that way.

14. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Thanks for the post, nice interview btw.

15. tinywang

tinywang Member

may i hope we never trade this guy. he is my favorite current rockets player after yao.

anyone know when they're handing out this bobble head? would love to get my hands on one of these. (that's what she said)

16. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

Wednesday's game against the Nuggets

17. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Great interview! Would be sad if we lose Carl in a trade. It's a business but once you get attached to players, its hard to move on.

18. woket

woket Member

Hilarious!

The guy's a warrior. Thinks there's 92 games in a season. Bobble head should have no teeth ...

19. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Are you saying he's not a little better than you? Let me know when he signs up at your fan forum and makes 293 posts.

20. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Member

Eh, this isn't LowryFans, it's Clutchfans. I like Lowry, but being a Rocket does not make someone better than a regular fan. Better at basketball? OK. Just straight up "better", I don't know about that.