1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

CFO Douchebag harasses Chik-fil-a employee...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Pull_Up_3, Aug 2, 2012.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He says "I don't know how you can live with yourself working here." That is pretty damned insulting.

So once Chick-fil-a becomes a greedy corporation, then you will reassess your views on them?

Nearly every major corporation does something that is unjust at times.

2. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Picking on a minimum-wage employee at a drive-thru window. Recording the proceedings and uploading it to youtube in order to portray yourself as some great (but totally not-gay, seriously) freedom fighter.

That poor girl's probably just trying save up money for school expenses. And this raging douche is probably trying to drum up publicity so he can declare that he's totally not-gay to the widest audience possible.

We have too many self-absorbed people on this planet.

1 person likes this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes, it's insulting, and I've alluded to that in my posts in this thread. I'm not condoning this guys behavior. But even the manner in which he said that statement, and everything else, was frankly fairly passive. Again, doesn't make it a-ok, but I think it does characterize it differently than many here have.

What seemingly has everyone in the biggest uproar is what he added at the end - the totally not gay part. Which is fair, it was completely unnecessary and does paint him as "likely actually gay", and seems douchy when you hear it.

No, once Chick Fil A changes a corporate culture that is fully permeated with these types of beliefs I will reassess my views.

I am ok with greed, to an extent. I am not okay with racism, or sexism or prejudice or homophobia (even though I may subconsciously practice some or all of the above at times... I'm not perfect, I feel discomfort when around gay guys, I think very stereotypical thoughts when in a setting where I'm outnumbered by other races).

Many major corporations are unjust. But most major corporations are unjust as a whole, culturally.

----

Anyway, to summarize, the guy should not have done this, is insulting, picking on the wrong person, etc. But it's not the rant spectacle its made out to be. Nobody was left in tears or anything.

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

reminds me of a family guy episode

Jock #1: Hey Chris, c'mon lets corner the nerds and call them gay and make them show us their penises!
    Jock #2: (Laughs) Won't that be gay of them?

5. juicystream

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:155501" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s11e02-cartman-sucks">Cartman Sucks</a></b><br/>Get More: <a style="display: block; position: relative; top: -1.33em; float: right; font-weight: bold; color: #ffcc00; text-decoration: none" href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/">SOUTH<br/>PARK</a><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/episodes/s11e02-cartman-sucks">more...</a></p></div></div>

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

True... It's not torture, more like first-world-problems kind of torture. Hyperbole can diminish the weight of words.

I do have some respect for corporations standing for moral issues even if I don't believe or respect the cause in itself. Most of the times, "the cause" is monetized in advertising dollars. Chick-fil-a is reaping some "New Coke" ad benefits here, but the issue itself isn't too appealing given that it's a freakin artery clogging fast food chain.

Both sides have positioned it pretty sneakily to the extremes too...as a proxy for the underlying conflict between fundie Christians who think their religion as a whole is being attacked and lib/prog/lgbt who think religion shouldn't be used as a shield for social issues (with their extreme being eliminating religion's well established status and authority)

A lot of things festering underneath here that a crappy news channel poll can't seem to put a finger on it.

7. juicystream

My combo at Chick-Fil-a has 340 calories. It is actually pretty healthy. Heck an 8 count nugget w/ fruit cup and tea is 310 calories (12g of fat). Not really bad in itself.

The bun alone at Zaxby's has more calories and fat than my nuggets meal or chargrilled chicken sandwich meal from Chick-fil-a.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I agree entirely. What Cathy said, and by default what is the Chick Fil A culture, is their culture, that they're entitled to. He could come out and say something completely racist, too (which, frankly, I wouldn't put past him except that would REALLY hurt business), and that'd be his prerogative. Doesn't mean they should be able to discriminate completely with regards to things like hiring, though, but they are free to espouse their positions.

I don't agree with them, but I'm not protesting them either.

It's a chicken chain...

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That is pretty good.

I like their sandwiches, but I've always felt their nuggets to be too dry, salty and small.

10. juicystream

Just like everything, it what you get, but they offer good choices in comparison. Fries, extra patties, cheese, & soda/sweet tea are what do people in.

I love their fries, but fruit cup is the way to go. Amazed that every place doesn't offer a variety of fruit yet. Baby carrots/celery sticks would be nice as well.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Why should this douchebag get fired from his job though?