1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CF Detectives, who's at fault?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chow_yun_fat, May 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bikers fault... Both are probably legally at fault because of the exiting a HOV lane thing, but overall the bikers fault.

Someone who rides a bike needs to be on high alert about people switching lanes on the free way, the car had its blinker on for a while, the guy should have seen the blinker was on, the car was slowing down and leaning towards a open spot.

Then the riding in the middle of two lanes bull ****... Can't believe people do it, if riding a bike isn't dangerous enough...If your riding in the middle of a lane and get hit from a car switching lanes you're the jackass. Stay in one lane, if the car in front of you slows down or stop, then slow down or stop instead of trying to cut through the middle.

If bikers want to have fun and ride super faster around obstacles go to a ****ing track instead of doing it around traffic... Nobody cant trust other drivers, but bikers SERIOUSLY can't afford to trust other drivers.

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I'm pro motorcycle in any accident but the car had his blinker on and he had more than enough time to stop

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Yes, in many places they are. The idea is that it's better if bikes aren't involved in stop and go traffic.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Does it make a difference that the car technically didn't switch lanes?

In that light, and unless it is legal for the bike to lane-split/pass on the HOV, I blame the biker.

Dude didn't register the blinker

5. what

what Member

The motorcycle could have put on the brakes, but surprise he expects the car to yield to him when he tries to pass. LOL

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I think we're all overlooking the real answer here. It is this nation's overreaching and oppressive highway laws along with the tumultuous atmosphere of bemusement and perplexity that it uses to placate us into a state of docile acquiescence.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

biker shouldn't be passing on the right, either.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are you allowed to pass in an HOV lane?

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Clearly vivi's fault.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Car's fault 100%

Why the F is the car driver in the HOV lane when he is the only one in the car?

It's called High Occupancy Vehicle Lane for a reason

One person does not equate to HOV

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Both were "wrong" technically, but the car was still within the HOV lane and technically had done nothing wrong yet.

They biker was being a jackass (as bikers always do) and 100% caused the accident

12. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Biker is Lloyd. Prius is Harry.

[​IMG]

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

“You’re a rotten driver,” I protested. “Either you ought to be more careful, or you oughtn’t to drive at all.”

“I am careful.”

“No, you’re not.”

“Well, other people are,” she said lightly.

“What’s that got to do with it?”

“They’ll keep out of my way,” she insisted. “It takes two to make an accident.”

“Suppose you met somebody just as careless as yourself.”

“I hope I never will,” she answered. “I hate careless people. That’s why I like you.”

14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Isn't it always the fault of the person from behind?

Biker is guilty. Fry him.

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

If you are in the far left lane, and are going to pass someone in that lane by venturing to the edge of the lane, why not pass to the left side, where they are far less likely to turn (especially when indicating a right turn)? Clearly the car was making an illegal maneuver, but the bike was making a foolish one.

16. davo

davo Contributing Member

I would think bike is at fault and would have to pay for all damages. In almost all cases, the vehicle at the rear is at fault, no matter what action - legal or otherwise - the front vehicle takes.

Now from a common sense standpoint, wtf was the biker doing? Clearly the car was turning, so why try and get around?

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

If you were the driver of the car, would you really expect a motorcycle to not only be in the HOV lane, but to also try and squeeze through that narrow opening?

I hate it when Bikers act privileged and go between lanes, of which this situation is similar.

Also, as other posters have said, it's not like the car suddenly made a motion to change lanes, giving the biker no time to act. Blinker was on, and for about 2-4 seconds, too.

To your last point, I'm deathly afraid of driverless vehicles. But maybe I'm in the minority.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Some places hybrids are allowed in HOV regardless of passenger.

I'm not sure what the white line was in the HOV lane here. Perhaps it was a formal line form lane-sharing with bikes. Though as someone else mentioned you'd think that would be on the left not the right.

I blame the biker.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Personally, I blame Obama in this situation.

20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Biker at fault clearly for accident.

Car at fault for trying to change lanes, minor traffic violation I would say.