1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cereal Killers: The Movie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hooroo, Nov 24, 2014.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I thought Supersize Me was a fairly smart film. I loved it - it really opened a lot of eyes to what people are doing to their bodies.

but of course, these days people actually think "The Fast and The Furious" movies are good, or that Michael Bay makes good films.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I haven't heard of this, but put me down as someone who thought Supersize Me was fabulous. It came at a time when there wasn't a whole lot of education on the negative effects fast food could actually have on you, and it also gave you insight on just how BAD eating non-nutritional chemically-laden food can be for you.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Exactly more and more people are becoming aware. Takes the stigma away from eating healthy as a weird thing.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The dude that ate fast food for a few weeks and then stopped? No that was dumb. The take away msg was we don't need huge drinks with fast food. I don't drink soft drinks but it still ticked me off.

I can't believe you fell for that part of the movie. Also I totally disagree about the education part. Lipitor was already the worlds best selling drug of all time.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No one here I don't think Is saying the movie was 10/10 but it spurred interest in food information.

8. Bandwagoner

Morgan Spurlock is very entertaining and knows how to make that type of movie. I found the movie enjoyable, anything beyond that is a big stretch. His mantra of what we "need" was really off putting.

Cereal Killers looks less entertaining but at least the guy has done some research and isn't a bloater.

9. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I agree. There was a slew of books and films released in the 00s which made people aware of food in general. Now most people I know shop at Whole Foods, Central Market, or Trader Joe's. They follow various diets, excercise religiously, and look great. For instance, Fast Food Nation - the book - and Super Size Me were introduced to me about 11 years ago. I never saw fast food, meat production, daily nutrition, organic, government policy/lobbying, and so on the same way again.

10. Bandwagoner

Most of the people you know are probably well off and educated. Being a foodie is now trendy but I don't think being health conscious was the genesis.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

What that eating nothing but large quantities of fast food is bad for you? No s**t, even stupid poor people know this. Next he needs to make a ground breaking documentary on the negative effects of drinking nothing but alcohol in place of water.

That movie was nothing but liberal d-baggery. I will say yes everytime they ask if i want it supersized, because it is of course impossible to say no, and I must eat every bite.

I'm getting mad just talking about that agenda driven piece of garbage

1 person likes this.
  12. Bandwagoner

I watched the movie on free viewing. His entire premise is that fats are better for you than grain. Talks a bunch about saturated fats and it shows him eating bacon, butter etc. His actual diet was loaded with omega 3 fats (he ate kilos of nuts) and not once did they mention trans fats which are very bad for you.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Fat head was more informative than super size me and the guy didn't make you feel guilty for eating fast food.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Fell for what part? The part where fast food is terrible for you? And isn't the fact that Lipitor is so widely used exactly the point?? Instead of attacking the root of the problem (unhealthy food high in sodium, sugar, and fat), we're just medicating ourselves so we can continue living irresponsibly. I'm not saying it was Earth shattering for me, but I guarantee it was for other people.

15. Bandwagoner

On the "proof" that his 30 days had an ill effect. He radically changed his diet and instantly went with a sedentary lifestyle. He also gained weight. Wow.

The guy in Cereal Killer went with a keto diet and started High-intensity interval training. He lost body fat. Wow.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I just think Spurlock's a good voice-over guy and a potentially great documentarian if he can get on PBS or premium cable, or get good enough ratings to stay on another network long enough. Plus I'm really starting to miss the mid-00's, just a weird enough time in history to get some really great documentaries.