1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics now have 9 1st round picks the next 3 years

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hoopster325, Dec 18, 2014.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

This is what Morey probably would have done if he was allowed to tank it up. Looked headed in that direction when we traded Lowry for a first but thank goodness Harden was there.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This looks like a botched tank job.

6ers did it right.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL no its not. What's the probability of a low-mid 1st rounder becoming a contributing player?

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I think what he means is a 1st round pick is the most versatile currency in the league. They can be easily moved and are valued relatively equally by every team in the league. Players have value to other teams that are good fits which limits their market and therefore value.

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

actually it looks like 6 1st rounders over the next 3 years. YOu counted the dall/cle/phi twice. they're not going to get their picks every year....only once whenever it fits the protection criteria.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ainge is smart, I consider the Boston FO to be one of the better in the league and I think they just proved it again with the Mavs sucker trade. Rondo wanted out anyway, and they were able to unload him for a pick and an intriguing prospect in Brandan Wright.

I'm really high on BW, a light bulb clicked in his head this season and he was tearing it out on the court as the Mav's X-Factor. Sure 8.8 pts and 4 rebs don't seem like much return for a multiple all star in Rondo but then you take a look at his FG% and it is a blistering 78% this season, his low pt average is due to the "spread the wealth" offense the Mavs have, in a more conventional system he'd average closer to 15 pts a game, add the pick and it is a slam dunk.Time will tell, but if I were a betting man (can't afford it sadly) I'd put my money on Boston being the winner of this trade when the dust settles.

As for the OP question,

1) They won't get the pick every year, it depends on the conditions.
    2) First round picks are commodities you add it to everything and the trade proposal looks better. If they get too many they can bundle it up and move a couple spots ahead in the draft, I'm sure DMorey would trade the NOP lottery pick for 9 first round picks for the next 3 years lol.