1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics emerge as serious suitor for Lee, Rockets open to sign&trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 8, 2012.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Liquidate then monetize.

2. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

It would not surprise me if Martin and/or Scola were not moved until the trade deadline unless for a big trade. Those two contracts will allow us to meet our league cap floor. Plus other teams might want them for a playoff push, especially Martin being an expiring contract.

1 person likes this.
  3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Renew Your Rockets Season Tickets Today!

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Martin's best value in a trade will probably come at the trade deadline, and he's a capable player going into the final year of his deal looking for one last pay day. If I was Morey, he would be someone I would try and hold onto him until the deadline unless a mega trade needed his salary.

Scola is much more likely to be moved in the next two weeks.

5. anchel

anchel Member

Plus a pick?

6. ashiin

ashiin Member

If Courtney Lee goes anywhere I would love for him to come to Boston!

7. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Id like to see us re sign Lee. If not we have to get something for him through s&t.

8. Third eye

Third eye Member

I like the moves by Aimge this off season he's giving it "one more year"-I don't know why :confused:But...maybe after they amnesty KG after 2 years or buy out whatever the new CBA will allow.-replacing Allen withJT is big for them since JT still has legs under him. The gamble on Sullinger may vary well pay off
    as an Ibaka type player until back issues catch up with him after a few full
    NBA seasons. Lee let us get some value on a sign n trade please! We helped you show you ARE a capable GREAT role player needed on a contender:cool:
    Thanks CLee

9. Third eye

Third eye Member

Edit Ainge*^ I still can't find the way to edit a post sorry Clutch

10. Third eye

Third eye Member

Dude Martin is our best asset he's in a contract year bro.-already "underpaid so good value"-so uses if we trade him since he doesn't fit well
    with Mchale bc of Lee (he could actually play both sides of the court which is better than 24ppg&no D)-anyways he's expiring in a contract year he will
    be looking to get paid again ...he's a great ASSET;)

11. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I want future picks. I'm talking much future. Like perhaps a 2016 or 2017 pick, when this team has to rebuild.

12. Third eye

Third eye Member

Why -it's a sign n trade we aren't getting a Bradley we are getting a salary dump and a pick similar to maybe the Mavs pick where it could last until 2018, or whatever but nah just a "innovative pick", and a throw in...we aren't getting
    either of there picks from this year either haha they were steals of the draft for them in the EAST:cool:

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

celtics gonna win the east

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

some of ya'll need to remember that he could walk and we'd get nothing. Even getting a 2nd rounder for him wouldn't be to bad, a 1st or a young prospect would be a steal.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The 2013 Charlotte 2nd round pick is a nice asset.

Clearly, if the Rockets can obtain 1st round picks in S&T deals for Lee and Camby they will look to do that. All of those assets are more liquid.

16. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Can KG be amnestied? Didn't he just re-sign a contract?

17. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>With loss of Ray Allen, Celtics have "full-court press" on to sign shooting guard Courtney Lee, who met with coach Doc Rivers last night.</p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/status/222077004453908480" data-datetime="2012-07-08T21:17:38+00:00">Juli 8, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Margrave

Margrave Member

Expiring contracts only - and a future first like in 5 years.

:)

19. Margrave

Margrave Member

No, not anymore, he is ineligible, only contracts on the books at the date of the CBA signing are eligible to be amnestied.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How much cap space do they have?