1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics are trying to steal DEKE!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FFz, Jun 28, 2008.

1. FFz

FFz Member

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._drafting_offseason_plan/srvc=home&position=1

2. Shay

Shay Member

I don't mind if he decides to go there , he deserves a championship and he has a better shot there.

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

look at the wording, "its expected", thats writer for "I don't have any idea who they are gonna call, but PJ was old and so are Zo and Deke"

4. FFz

FFz Member

My bad.. i get defensive when its aobut deke and its like 7 am

5. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

hey it happened last year dont matter anyway i think deke is really not going to duplicate his performance this year

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The scenario where we lose Deke and that loss prevents us from advancing in past the first round or winning the NBA championship or something is not one that I'm worried about.

Don't get me wrong, I love Deke and the job he's done.

BUT, even if Yao's minutes next year per game are down 4-6 minutes, if you remember, when Yao is healthy, Deke barely plays...those minutes will likely go to a smaller lineup. Deke will get spot duty.

Where Deke is needed is if Yao goes down, you can seemingly consistently count on Deke to give you 20 mpg effectively on defense and the boards. But once again, Yao going down would spell end of season.

I.e. - Deke is only needed if Yao goes down, in which case we're screwed anyway.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Mutombo's minutes were going to increase anyways. He spoke with Morey and Adelman about it. It just so happened as Mutombo was verbally seeking more minutes to prepare for the playoffs that Yao went down for the year.

8. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I think Loren Wood can be the defensive presence Deke is with more offense.....Deke gave us some good years but we need to upgrade whenever we can with the little money we have

9. LouisianaRocket

If the Celtics snagg Deke we can go after Melvin Ely.

10. FFz

FFz Member

Are you kidding me? Go back and look at the game against the wizards plz. Loren freaking Woods could not do that for us. Not in one million years. Hell you give me one million Loren woods and give them one million years and they wouldn't be able to unite the fans and the team like that.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

loren woods can't carry deke's jock strap at 40.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

they tried to get him last year, he said he was flattered by the idea of them wanting him but the cold weather wouldn't be good for him.

he either plays for the rockets or retires.

13. X Bravo!!

X Bravo!! Member

WO~~~All-Star term. But what about salary cap??

14. Laozi

Laozi Member

You lose the internetz!