1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cell phones worth waiting for on Verizon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Nov 1, 2010.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Disgruntled Tmobile customer here. Their pos service in downtown is beyond horrible.

Switching to Verizon sometime this week. Thinking about getting the Droid X. No patience to wait for Windows 7 or the Iphone to come out on Verizon.

Are there any other phones worth waiting for coming out on Verizon this holiday season?

2. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Well the only thing I can think of is the HTC Merge, which is supposedly Verizon's version of the G2.

engadget

It's supposed to be coming soon. Sometime this month maybe?

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

4. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I like the keyboard on that HTC Merge.

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'l on tmoblie now and I get dropped calls and no service all the time...even in my own home...

that being said, i've been wanting to swtich as my contract ends in January...i just don't know if Sprint or Verizon are better...

6. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I'd say go to Sprint.

7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Same problem, same dilema. Doing some research on each company's website (i.e. NOT looking for "deals") I found Sprint's rates to be slightly cheaper, but Verizon's phones to be cheaper.

2 LG Ally phones @ Verizon are $49, buy one get one free, whereas the Sprint phones were like $100 each, for lower-tier phones. I think the 4G ones are really pricey.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't get the Droid X - it's not great. I have it, wish i got the incredible instead.

Also, Verizon is expensive. T-mobile was much cheaper but yes, the coverage sucked.

Overall I would have probably gotten the Incredible instead.

I have been with Sprint, T-mobile, and Verizon now. So far, Verizon is the best domestically but most expensive. Sprint was the worst. T-mobile was cheaper but sucked with coverage and charges. However, they were best for international.

9. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

I love my Droid X. I can not live without the Swype so Incredible is no go for me. My wife has the Incredible, the screen is great on it. The only thing I can not stand on the X is the camera. It sux!

10. droxford

droxford Member

I'm beginning to think that the best idea is to...

When my contract has expired, sign a new contract with a cell phone competitor and get a sweet deal on cool new phones. Then, after their two year contract is up, ditch that company and sign a new contract with a competitor and get another sweet deal on a cool new phones.

I say this because great phone deals are only available to new customers - the cell phone companies do not extend any good offers to existing customers for upgrading.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The worst part of the X is that it's pick-up sound mic is horrible. Speak to close, and it comes off staticy. Too far and it's too mumbled. Such a pain with that big phone to get it the perfect distance.

And I think the incredible has skype....it's about the OS, not the phone...

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

What about the Galaxy? Have it on Tmobile right now, but it sucks donkey ballz. Think its more the service then the hand set though.

Would really really prefer something with an actual keyboard, but the keyboard on Droid 2 was not very comfy.

Loved the keyboard on the G1 that I used to have.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G8Z346egnlg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G8Z346egnlg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is basically what I do. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I want to bounce between Sprint (which I've never used) and TMobile (which I've used and hated that I lost signal a lot of times in buildings). I'd like to stay with AT&T or even better hop to Verizon.

15. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

I'm a Verizon customer waiting for my upgrade, and I've got my eye on the HTC Incredible HD, that is apparently dropping the Tuesday before Thanskgiving (NOV 23rd). It's basically going to be an EVO on Verizon. No official announcements, but apparently it's been leaked by a fairly reliable source.

http://phandroid.com/2010/10/26/htc-incredible-hd-launching-november-23rd-rumor/

The sad thing about buying a Verizon phone right now is that they're bringing out their LTE network next year, so you'll have the equivalent of an iPhone 2G for the next 2 years, unable to tap into the best speeds, and you'll be forced to share your bandwidth with a whole bunch of iPhone users.