1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celebrities You've Met

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RIET, Jul 2, 2007.

1. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

I was in NYC last week waiting for a cab at Madison Square Garden when I saw Lewis Black.

He got out of his cab and was standing there lighting a cigarette before hurrying off. He had on a pink shirt and black jeans. Unfortunately, I was late for a meeting and didn't have time to approach him (also the weirdness factor prevented me from going up to him).

The only other celebrities I have ever been up close to were Anne Heche (rail thin) and Ellen DeGeneres at Bellagio - when they were still a couple.

What celebrities have you met or seen?

BTW: NYC on a hot day is like being in hell.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Pierce Brosnan: In Paris.

Sandra Bullock: Paris

and some other brunnette...can't recall her name though, my parents knew her.

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I met Rob Thomas in Dallas after a matchbox twenty concert. I got to talk to him for a few minutes and shake his hand.

I don't know if this counts -- maybe more of a local celebrity, but Houston Nutt, the head coach of the U of Arkansas Razorbacks football team comes in and eats where I work from time to time. He's a pretty good tipper, but nothing out of this world.

4. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

well ive met kobe bryant,sean wayans and dwayne wade

5. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

My dad knew the world record rock skipper holder. Didn't meet him though. Guess that means no then. But for some reason I keep thinking I have met one.

6. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Oh yea Matress Mack, I once delivered food to his house. But he's a local celeb.. :eek:

7. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

I met VY and one time when I was a little kid, around 7 or 8, I saw Kareem Abdul-Jabbar at the LAX airport. My brother pointed him out to me and I just stood there and pointed at him like "Wtf that foo is freaking tall!"

8. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Jessica Alba

9. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

I met Antonio Mcdyess. He came into Walgreens one overnight w/ his girlfriend to buy some BANDAIDS. Ive met Moochie Norris in Kroger, Kelvin Cato in the same Kroger, and Shawn Kemp in the same Kroger (Kroger on Briar Forest/Eldridge, the Walgreens at Memorial/Dairy Ashford), also Sheryl Swoopes and Marvin Zindler are always shopping at the Walgreens at Eldridge and Briar Forest. Also, I met Tito Maddux at West Oaks Mall. Saw Sheryl Swoopes there as well, and I saw Antonio Mcdyess AGAIN there walking to his car.

10. tomato

tomato Member

Sam Cassell in the parking lot of Papadeaux's (back in the winning years)

11. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

*yawn*............. i've met Tila Tequila on myspace it was crazy she told me yao and her are gettin married..

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Met (shook hands, or in the case of Kemp, knocked him down accidentally):

Clyde
    Reggie White
    Potsie (at Six Flags in Dallas)
    Sally Ride
    Harry Belafonte
    Ted Koppell
    Rick Barry
    Al Gore
    Charley Pride
    Regis
    Meredith Baxter-Birney (drunk in a bar at Park City)
    Dr. J
    Moses
    John Kenneth Galbraith
    Jesse Helms
    Jack Kemp
    Catherine O'Hara
    John McCain
    Val Kilmer (he's short... really short!)
    Connie Hawkins (also at Park City, but he wasn't drunk... just the only black guy for hundreds of miles.)

and...

I've seen Ford, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Gorbachev

But the highlight:

I was about 20 feet away from Hakeem at the Team Handball game in the Atlanta Olympics.

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

hakeem, shaq, harrison ford, paul mooney, charile murphy, craig sager, mike james, john sally, i played ps2 with luol deng, ben gordon, rafer, chris paul......cant think of anymore right now

14. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

eva longoria

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Steve, from 90210.
    [​IMG]
    Best day of my life.

16. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I talked to Shaun Alexander and his wife today, actually. They are pretty down-to-earth.
    Other than that, I've met John Stockton in a somewhat brief encounter in which I mocked him and said that the Rockets were going to beat him the following night. It was an ugly encounter, but it still makes me proud. :)
    I ran up to Calvin Murphy and hugged him one time when there was a Jazz/Rockets game in Salt Lake, but I think it scared Bill Worrell.

Pretty much the only ones that I have are sports-related encounters, but they've all been too brief to really mention as "meeting" someone (with the exception of the last three I mentioned).

17. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

oh man...a bunch.

Top two were Jared Zabransky and Vince young. 41 was cool. Berkman is so cool. Biggio, Bags, The Rocket, Dream, Yao. McKinney rocks.

Air Bull is way up there. Caliendo is very cool.

18. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Met John Sayles the director at a bar in Austin when he was scouting music for one of his movies.

19. WWR

WWR Member

20. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I kinda met Derek Jeter. He snubbed me for a handshake on 44th street. I should have spit on his shoes.