1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CD in Atlanta Might as well make a (Trade)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by okierock, Aug 8, 2003.

1. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I have never posted a trade before but since CD is supposed to be in Atlanta and I really want us to get Alvin Williams, here goes.

Houston trades: PF Maurice Taylor (8.4 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 20.6 minutes)
    PG Moochie Norris (4.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.4 apg in 16.8 minutes)
    Houston receives: PG Alvin Williams (13.2 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.3 apg in 33.9 minutes)
    PF Jerome Williams (9.7 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 1.3 apg in 33.0 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +10.2 ppg, +6.9 rpg, and +3.2 apg.

Toronto trades: PG Alvin Williams (13.2 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.3 apg in 33.9 minutes)
    PF Jerome Williams (9.7 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 1.3 apg in 33.0 minutes)
    PF Lamond Murray (12.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.5apg in 30.0 minutes)
    Toronto receives: PG Moochie Norris (4.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.4 apg in 82 games)
    PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (19.9 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 3.0 apg in 81 games)
    Change in team outlook: -11.6 ppg, -6.5 rpg, and -2.7 apg.

Atlanta trades: PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (19.9 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.1 minutes)
    Atlanta receives: PF Maurice Taylor (8.4 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 67 games)
    PF Lamond Murray (12.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.5apg in 30.0 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +1.4 ppg, -.4 rpg, and -.5 apg.

While this trade is favorable to the Rockets it definitly benefits the other teams as well.

Houston get the big PG we need to play Steve at the 2 and a mean UGLY PF that we all know we need.

Toronto get the best player in the trade in Shareef but gives up a lot to do it. They have a big glut at the PF postion and move some forwards to get a star and if Chris Bosh turn out to be the real deal they just let Reef go in two seasons.

Atlanta gets some depth and versatility at the forward postion Lamond Murray is better than any 3 they have now and can play some at the 4.

Anyway... there it is let the beatings begin.

2. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

I say hmmm... i dont would like that trade... But it would be better to do a trade for Salary Cap Space Relief... i say

Trade Glen Rice and Moochie Norris to Atlanta for A future first round pick in 2004 and 05... That would be a good trade knowing that most likely atlanta will be a lottery team next year... They'll probably be in the top 5... so that would be a great trade for salary cap relief

3. SLA

SLA Member

To tell you the truth........it would be good for the Rockets and maybe the Raptors.....but I don't know why any of the teams would do it..

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

CD is no longer in Atlanta. The interviews done about Griffin yesterday were in Houston.

5. okierock

Its all just in fun anyway, but he could have discussed trades while he was there.

6. okierock

The Raptors have way to many players and trade 3 for 2 while getting the best player in the trade (SAR).

Houston gets a 6'5" PG and a gritty hustle PF while losing two of our worst contracts (woohoo Mooch is gone).

Atlanta needs to sign some players and would be more likely to do this trade if Cat was in it but I couldn't make it work with Cat. They still get a guy in Taylor who I believe can score 15-20 a night in the east and a very versatile forward in Murray who would be their starting 3 right away and can play some at the 4 if they need him to. Go look at Atlantas depth chart and see who they currently have signed.

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

why the hell would atlanta give us a lottery pick when they're already helping us out by taking rice and moochie off our payroll? we'd have to throw in the largest amount of KY allowed under the CBA to properly lube them up for that one.

8. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

Yeah but I'm sure he tried it out on Xbox before he posted it, just to see if the trade worked. Surely, he wouldn't make up a trade proposal that bad without giving any thought at all...or would he?

You just reminded me to swing by Walgreens on the way home and place a call on the cell: "Honey, I'm coming home!!!"

9. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

Yeah i thought about... NO NEED TO BE SO DAM RUDE... ehh i dont care i guess its like that cuz i made a stupid comment and i guess becuz you consider yourself higher than me since you been here longer... ehh... i dont care.. no offense

10. okierock

Man this must have been a horrible trade idea.

I get one response to the trade. One completely unrealistic 2 first round picks for some baby wipes and a dirty diaper, and a couple of flames about the baby wipe guy.

I thought it was a fairly reasonable trade that gets rid of two bad contracts (MoT may redeem himself this season though) and gets us possibly the best PG over 6'3" as well as a very servicable backup PF.

I guess everyone is really sick of trades.

11. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

okierock, you really have it in for those damn Canadians don't you?

I think your proposal would certainly be screwing them royally!

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I thought it was a fair trade for all but ever since I saw Shareef do some major backpeddling when fighting KT, i just never liked the guy after that. but stick it to the canadians anytime you can, they're real hosers for lopsided trades.

edit: oops just saw that Rahim would be going to us, well hell, then the trade is doable. Alvin Williams would be a solid addition.
    Im guessing you didn't get much responses because the trade you proposed is a fair proposal for all sides and most posters would rather make fun of ridiculous trade proposals.

#12 Texas Stoke, Aug 8, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2003
  13. okierock

If you look at the Raptors depth chart you will see that they have a serious glut at PF. With this trade they get SAR who has only this year and next on his contract and is a guy who will give them 20pts and 8 rebs a game. They get the best player in the trade and if Chris Bosh pans out they can trade SAR next year for whatever tickles their fancy. Players that give you 20-8 with large expiring contracts are very valuable. The only starter they give up is A. Wiliams.... of course he is the only reason I proposed this trade.

14. chino19s

chino19s Member

Maybe he was in Atlanta concerning a News conference today. Nba.com has an article concerning the Hawks but not the rockets. So its just my opinion.

15. okierock

Actually CD hasn't been in Atlanta since August 7th. I started the thread because I wanted to find a way to get Alvin Williams here and the trade idea just happend to involve Atlanta when CD was supposed to be there.:cool: