1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CD Apprectiation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StevieFlight3, Oct 19, 2005.

1. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I haven't seen any of these in a while now, so whatever, the man deserves some props.

For the past two years he has done an unbelivable job. Completely turning this team around after getting T-mac.

Drafting that greek guy, seems that he might be able to contribute in a few years. Lue for Jon Barry. Wesely for Jim Jackson; controversal at that moment but proved to be a good deal. Trading reece gains and a 2nd for mike james and then rafer alston. Drafting Head instead of a power forward, he looks like a big time steal right now. Signing up Swift and Anderson.

I just love what he has done. It just seems like he can't make a mistake anymore.

2. LFE171

LFE171 Member

great job CD. now keep getting us talent after we win our 3rd championship ring.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Naw, he's the worst GM in the business. Right guys? Where have all the CD haters gone?

4. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

CD did a good job.

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

You just can't hate on a guy that hits home run after home run. Every single move since the Mcgrady deal is going to end up paying big dividends.

6. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

And as an added bonus he just mightve had a good draft pick for once. Draft picks were the one thing in which I had issues with CD.

Well hats off to CD, you've constructed a solid team that should do extremely well this year.

7. Manila

Manila Member

I do hope that he keeps it up and that others will continue to deal with him especially with all the lopsided deals that he had made this couple of years ;)

8. bigben998

bigben998 Member

He is the man!

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Well, he's no Charles Casserly, that's for sure...

10. leehoang

leehoang Member

Just read the sig, been like this for weeks.

11. Panda

Panda Member

CD has done a fine job, and so did JVG. ;)

12. qrui

qrui Member

yeah, great job cd! now it's all up to jvg and the players to make it happen! go rockets!

13. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Name one GM that has made MORE moves that turned out better than CDs have in the last few years, YOU CANT...

CD is the man even if JVG is helping drive the ship..

14. daRox

daRox Member

Weisbrod :rolleyes:

15. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Isaiah Thomas!

According to Charles Barkley, he made an elite team in Pheonix and a championship team in San Antonio. And no one can beat that.

16. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Great job CD...you've exceeded my expectations by far!

17. bigdawgtt

bigdawgtt Member

I for one give JVG 95% of the credit for the great moves that have been pulled off. I don't think it is a coincidence that since JVG has been hired it seems like CD can do no wrong. Every deal he has pulled off in the last 2 years has been brilliant. CD was the same guy that gave Maloney, Kato, Francis, Norris, Mo Taylor, and Brent Price way more money than they deserved. :mad: Now all of a sudden he is a genius :rolleyes: ....I think not. JVG for GM of the Year :D

18. Cire

Cire Contributing Member

Thanks CD for all the great years!!!

19. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

job well done cd!!!!

gm of the year no doubt. ;)

20. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

So, if someone makes mistakes in the past, doesn't matter what kind of good things he does in the future, you won't give him credit. Is that what you are saying? You'd never give people a second chance?