1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CC.net NBA Sim Important Info-- Everyone Read (Roll call, next season, etc.)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by The Cat, Apr 13, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

As pointed out in the other thread, we are down to about 3-4 more games left in the first regular season of the league. The remaining games will be simmed late tomorrow night, and we will move onto the playoffs and sim every night for 4 days and determine the first champion of the league.

The next season, which will start next week, will have a draft before the season this time based on final records this season. Some people wanted to keep 3 players and have a draft with the rest. I do like that idea to a large extent; but my primary concern was having an almost never-ending draft with the last few rounds comprised of essentially a few very minor role players (can someone say Sean Colson [​IMG]) So combining those two thoughts, here is my idea: each team will put two of their starters up for draft. No redoing of your starters at the last minute to protect any stars-- just any two of your starters (I know what they are and what's reasonable for people to change) will be submitted to the leaguewide draft. We will have a two round draft from those players and any unclaimed players on vacant teams in order from worst to first this season.

Also-- unless anyone has problems with this-- here is something else I want to do for creativity. How about implementing all the new rules (allowing zones, etc.) into the sim for the next season? This could make it more representative of the future and also make it a bigger challenge for GMs deciding which role players, etc. work with these rules.

Lastly, please reply below to say if you're here or not and give as of right now the two players you plan on giving up for the draft. You may ask for stats for specific players if you are torn between two, etc. This list will not be final (it can be but you can change it if you want), but is just something preliminary to give the rest of the GMs a look at the quality of the draft pool. Remember the scarcity of certain positions like center. Other than that, I just want to have a roll check to see who's not here and if we can get new GMs for them. If you are reading this and you aren't in the league but are interested in joining, reply below and I'll get you a team as well. (I know there's some of you out there)

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor, Jason Collier, and draft Richard Jefferson fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

2. The Cat

So everyone can see, here's mine...

Rockets

To the draft pool: Hakeem Olajuwon, Mo Taylor
    Keeping: Francis, Vince, Jamison

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor, Jason Collier, and draft Richard Jefferson fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

3. Nomar

Nomar Member

Cat. Im keeping KG, and Reef. Can you get me stats for Bibby, Hughes, and Jackson??? I think those are my other starters.

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

4. The Voice of Reason

I am gonna drop Toni Kukoc.he started most of my season. I figure this is fair as he and miles are simular in stats. if this is not ok, than I drop Miles and Fortson.

If it is ok I would love to drop Miles and Kukoc, but Im not sure you would allow that.

Keeping Kidd, McDyce, and Finley

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

5. The Cat

Has to be two starters, so Kukoc and Fortson I'll put into the pool from your team.

------------------

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

6. Heath

Heath Member

As I've been starting Hill, Howard, Snow and Nash for my two vacant spots I guess I can drop any combos of these two as long as I dont drop 2 from the same position? Or can I do that too? They have also very simular stats so I'm not even sure who I wanna drop, but I'll decide soon. Do you think it is possible for me to pull all stats from these four players? As starters and bench players? Pull stats from my last few games then I'll change during the playoffs all the time so I can get relevant stats. When do I have to decide? My keepers for sure are Mutombo, Iverson and Marion.

And as the zone and other rule changes has been voted in by the league I think it is only fair that we do the changes too.

------------------
    We can reach our destination, but it's still a ways away.

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cat, I know I am keeping Payton and Jones, but could you give me the stats for Cliff Robinson, Brian Grant, and Jermaine Oneal?

Thanks.

------------------
    President of the Anal Retentive School for Jerks

Hey, I wanted to be president of something, and I swear everyone took every other presidential position already.

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Eh.. I don't like this idea so much. Seems like the good teams will stay good, the bad teams will stay bad and the mediochre teams will stay mediochre.

But anyway, I'm keeping Shaq, Kobe and Nick Van Exel. Drop the other two (Mason and Rider I think).

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

[This message has been edited by fadeaway (edited April 13, 2001).]

9. The Cat

Heath,

You can't drop two from the same position... they have to have both been starters at one time.

As a starter Hill was giving 13 points and 9 rebounds... off the bench 7 and 5. Howard as a starter was giving 16/5... off the bench 10/3. Snow and Nash were very similar... when Snow started, he was getting you 9 points, 9 asst. When Nash started, he was around 11 pts, 8 asst. Off the bench they were both about 5 points and 3.5 asst.

Raven,

Cliff-- 18.5 pts, 4.4 reb, 35 minutes
    Grant-- 11.2 pts, 8.9 reb, 32 minutes
    O'Neal-- 7.4 pts, 8.2 reb, 2 blocks, 31 minutes

Fadeaway,

This is supposed to be like building a franchise in the NBA. No one becomes good fast. The talent just shifts through the draft more and more each season. Bad teams shouldn't become good overnight... that is part of the fun and challenge of being one of those GMs. They just build up their team through trades and having the top draft picks. Trust me, there will be some good players in this draft that the bad teams will get a huge upgrade on what they gave up.

Also, Zo, Hill, Penny, Ilguaskas, etc. will be back in the league for next season. I am not yet sure on a specific system I will use-- but I can assure you they will go to some of the lesser teams to make parity in the league. I might make a free agent system, or a bidding system, or just a lottery-- who knows. That's a few days down the road. If you have any suggestions let me know.

------------------

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok, in that case I will be putting Jermaine Oneal and Brian Grant up for the draft.

Keeping Gary Payton, Eddie Jones, and Cliff Robinson.

------------------
    President of the Anal Retentive School for Jerks

Hey, I wanted to be president of something, and I swear everyone took every other presidential position already.

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

im keeping vlade divac, chris webber, lamar odom
    put john stockton and cuttino mobley into the draft

------------------
    How Sweet It Is! How Sweet It Is!
    Gene Peterson on the rockets winning the 1995 championship over the Orlando Magic

12. The Voice of Reason

I dropped some of these Ideas on Cat last night, but I figure I will put themmup for public consumption.

as far as what do do with guys like ZO.

If there are any new managers added to our league they will get first choice of the whole pool. once that is done it becomes a rugular draft. we should add another 2 teams to the eastern confrence anyway.

as far as making it easier for the little guys to advance: after the coming season we should only be able to protect 2 starters. this would put a couple of superstars back into the draft pool. and yes this policy would hurt guys like me the most [​IMG]

peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

13. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Into the pool: Rice and White
    Keeping:Walker, Richmond, Armstrong

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams and Lisa Malosky fan club.

atheistalliance.org

14. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

You Shut up!

[​IMG]

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion

15. Band Geek Mobster

I like VOR's idea of only being able to protect 2 players. It makes things a little more interesting.

[This message has been edited by Band Geek Mobster (edited April 27, 2001).]

16. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I will drop Ewing and Corliss Williamson.

CK

------------------
    When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it takes 4 to reach
    out and b****-slap the b*stard upside the head

17. Nomar

Nomar Member

Ill drop Hughes, and Jackson. Keep Bibby.

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

18. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Cat,

who are my starters again????

Smeg

------------------
    "Repression never did me any harm (I finally ceased to include "stop masturbating" as one of my guilt ridden New Year's resolutions, but that's a different topic)." Achebe - programmer by day, Mrs Palmers Husband by night

19. The Cat

Smeg,

Your starters are Terry, Pierce, Quitten, Rasheed, and Dale Davis.

------------------

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

20. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I'll be playing next season, but im not sure about my two players yet.

So will it be dropping two starters and then keeping all of our bench.

If so, I will keep Brand, McGrady, and Brandon.

Sad to see Camby and Wally go, but I think those three are keepers.

This list isn't final yet, still thinking.

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion