1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBSsportsline] Jazz don't want center stage

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Hayesfan, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

Okay this must be my day to start threads.

I find it interesting that in this article the only mention of their likely first round opponents is Yao's name... and it also doesn't mention the possibility of us taking first round home court from them.

I do think it's interesting to read though.. so here ya go. (and I promise this will be my last thread today!!) Also the first comment made on the article is a Rockets fan - we are everywhere! LOL

link

2. Dukerocket

Dukerocket Member

These are the two reasons I think we can beat the Jazz. We struggle against fluid and flexible offenses like the Suns or the Mavs when they are on because they do not rely on a set offense and their attack can come from any point and player on the floor.

JVG will have plenty of time to gameplan on how to stop the Jazz primary attack, and in a 7 game series both teams become familiar with the other team's plays anyway, so I feel like our defense against them will improve. Although it is alarming that they have the type of PF who kills us (boozer) and a center with range to give Yao problems, I think Van Gundy will find enough ways to guard their pick and pop to allow us to advance if our backcourt play continues to improve.

3. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

I think everyone knows about the Jazz. You don't get to No. 4 on the list and not have people make some noise about you. You also don't kick the Sun's asses 3 times and not have people make some noise about you. And you don't have people like Charles Barkley beating your drum and not have people make some noise about you :D

Personally, I think the top 5 teams in the West are all superb teams. Anyone of them can win the Championship if they peak at the right moment and play with all their heart and spirit. Underestimate any of these teams at your own peril. (I still want to be the underdog though :D )

4. yaominn

yaominn Member

speak of no respects, it looks like the jazz already preparing to play against dallas.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Whichever team has home court advantage will probably win the Utah vs Houston series.

DD

6. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Member

You honestly don't think we can get beat them without home court advantage? This matchup is by no means a gimme, but I believe we can knock them out in 6 with or without it. I have FULL FAITH that we will go on through to second round. Getting knocked out is not a possibility for me.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i dont think mutumbo, tmac, and juwon howard would let that young of a team beat them home court or not.

i think tracy mcgrady knows he has never gotten out of the 1st round. and its his time now or never.

the rockets record does not indicate how good of a team that they really are. they would have at least another 5 wins or so without all the injuries.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Now that's just a silly statement. We will win handily regardless.

9. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Half the jazz' shots come right RIGHT UNDER THE BASKET. Take away the lane and they are DEAD.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

and we have 3 7 footers that can do just that :D

11. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Yes the Jazz are pretty white, I wonder why they only get white or light skinned players for the most part. Hmmmmmmm makes me think HMMmmmmmm. I perceived that sentence differently but I see something fishy is going on :cool:

12. dreammvp

dreammvp Member

do you ever look at anything that has to do with the rockets with your heart?...I read on this board alot and although most of your posts seem like you know what you are talking about, it seems to me they are mostly negative towards the rockets.....I see you have thousands of posts so i'm sure you are a rockets fan, but you are as pessimistic as they come...i've read most game threads and you mostly predict a rockets loss in any big game....do you just think that way , so you don't set yourself up for dissappointment or are you just that negative with everythign in your life?

13. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Member

I think we will handle Utah handily. I have full faith that our current team is better than the 04-05 team that made the playoffs, and I believe Yao has made huge strides in his game since. I also believe our roster is alot better. With that said, do you really believe that this Utah team is better than the Mavs of 04-05? I seriously doubt that they are.

I like our chances against anyone because we have Tmac and Yao. You can almost bet that the vintage Tmac will show up.

14. Sextuple Double

You would probably change that stance if Vspan played 15mpg.

15. texanskan

texanskan Member

Jazz won't get center stage, teams that lose thier first round series 4-1 don't get "center stage" status.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think DD is right.

to think we can beat utah w/o home court is to think we can win either: A) in 6 games or less. or B) game 7 on the road.

sure i believe we have a very good chance at both. however, i believe that thier chances of winning A or B w/o home court are much slimmer than ours.

17. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

I also think whoever has home court will win this series. Utah's been playing at a high level the entire season. Saying we'll win by 6 is a STRETCH. It'll be seven games, with the home court team winning.

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Utah has no shot at the second round, they cant touch us, with or without homecourt

19. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

For goodness sake you people talk as if we're 100 times better than Utah, which we're not!