1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[CBS] Trevor Ariza Gamble Paying off

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Dec 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Didn't see this posted.

I think we all saw this but some interesting stats:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24919885/rockets-trevor-ariza-gamble-paying-off

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AND, as we continue stocking this team, Ariza will be able to settle into his role .. not being asked to do too much...By year's end, I expect his shooting/efficiency #'s to be peaking. He won't HAVE to play iron man minutes (most of the time)...Trevor should be fresh.

4. baller024

baller024 Member

As we all know Ariza started out the season shooting amazingly, however since the 8th game of the season (11/12) he's shot over 40% FG just TWO times & over 33% 3PT only THREE times. And also note that during this stretch he's only attempted less than 6 three pointers just TWO times. As solid as his defense has been, we can't continue to afford this for such a high volume shot attempt player. Especially if this is continuing past all-star break, it can really hurt us in the playoffs.

5. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

If only he was a reliable offensive player.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

His defensive value is massive.

Also he'll get out of this slump, he won't be Steve Kerr, but he's not gonna continue to shoot 28% like he has since his hot start

7. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

I'd say +18 overall (+12 defense + 6 offense) is pretty ridiculous. I imagine best in league? I will take a wild guess and say he continues to start no matter how he is shooting. He will get better with his shot anyways.

His +/- numbers were more like +7 overall last year for Wizards, so, this is massive improvement. I"m sure it will taper down, but he's also playing with greater talent and fits like a glove on this team. His numbers are probably boosted by James Harden's defensive improvements, as well, which he should get some credit for. Though Harden gets the lion share of credit for his hustle this year. He has really impressed me with his will to win this year.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Needs to shoot a lot less and concentrate more on D.

DD