1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS SPorts] Texans - Five things to know

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Stack24, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

no kidding. when he failed to record a sack from february thru july... man, i was steamed....

he's made more than a guest appearence for those not getting their information from sportscenter or anyone associated with the houston media. williams has replaced carr as the new whipping boy because, like carr, he's an easy target that requires .0001% thought: box score. no sacks. i'm going to write a column about what a bust he is...

2. Howyalikemenow

I'll take the under on #3 in a heart beat. 14 sacks my @ss.

He'll be lucky to get 2.

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. To me a defining moment would be something like when Rudy T was nearly killed by Kermit Washington or John Lucas getting busted for cocaine (and taking down the Rockets with him) or Bum Phillips trading Dan Pastorini for Kenny Stabler or John McMullen telling Nolan Ryan he was "too old" and thereby letting him go to the Rangers. But from what I've seen and heard, there are most definitely some people who will never get over the Texans passing on VY and who will always hold that against the owner and this franchise.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

interestingly, jack kevorkian was using this exact same prescription to euthanaise his patients prior to his arrest...

btw, not to complete derail this thread, but is anyone catching dukes or davies RELENTLESS campaign to beat the johan santana drum? i keep thinking it's a joke, but, apparently, he's deadly serious and thinks it can happen this season...

i get having to fill 4 hours a day is tough. but his santana nonsense borders on irresponsible.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Chill out dude! :)

All I want is for him to wipe that conceited smirk off Tony Romo's face by planting him like a rose bush in the turf. Just once...that's all I ask.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He had more than that last year.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

So he's going to regress from his rookie season in which he played more than half of it with a debilitating foot injury? He's going to get significantly worse than that, even when common sense says players develop from year one to year two and he'll be healthier? Really?

8. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

I don't get it lol.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Looks like they did do a segment w/ SR610:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

A thought occurred to yours truly during a Tuesday morning visit with Marc Vandermeer and Andre Ware on SportsRadio 610 in Houston. While discussing the trade that sent Gerard Warren from Denver to Oakland, and addressing the conditional draft pick premised on Warren being on the opening day roster, the proverbial light bulb flickered.

If the Raiders cut Warren before the first game and re-sign him after it, they owe the Broncos nothing. So the Raiders can cut him before the first game, and re-sign him after it, and keep their fifth-round pick in the 2008 draft.

Every year, several veterans are released before Week One, in order to avoid the provision that allows their salaries to become fully guaranteed if they are on the opening day roster.

As to Warren, the only risk that the Raiders would be taking is that someone else could swoop in and sign him. But if the Raiders and Warren work out a wink-nod thing, they can pull off the maneuver and stick it to the Broncos.

Maybe dogs and cats aren't living together, after all.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Different site.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

People are hard on Mario, but he was EASILY our best defensive lineman last year, at least stat-wise.

35 unassisted tackles and 4.5 sacks may not be #1 pick worthy, but it's far from horrible.