1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS SPORTS] Rockets plan on recruiting Kevin Durant with James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 7, 2014.

1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Well, he's just as pudgy, for starters. So take that !

Go Rockets !

In Morey I Trust !

Now Jason Terry, go out and freak the league out by coming back strong and showing that in reality, you took last year completely off for just that reason !

As my Dallas buddy who sings the anthem up there said just this morning: " oh...gawd...the forth quarter...jason terry...oh..if he's right he just takes the whole damn game over ..."

He had a little tear in his eye, I could feel it.

2. dwhite

dwhite Member

This is very exciting news, but a lot can happen in two years. He would definitely fit the bill of 3rd star.

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Didn't Jalen Rose say he thinks Durant is gonna join Harden.

4. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

:cool:
    very good Robbie......

Tomorrow's Headlines Today !

5. Rox23

Rox23 Member

As long as McHale is here...:(

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

Yes. Yes he did.

7. scottie brooks

Did anyone really think Morey would NOT go after Durant when he becomes available?? What in all of Morey history would even hint that he would not swing for the fences for Durant. Who wrote this article? Oh right... moving on.

8. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

40 teams will go after Durant, with some teams from China, Germany etc. The rockets is just one of them.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If Durant leaves OKC (not likely now) then Houston is on a very short list of teams he would go to IMO.

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Lakers, Knicks. Etc everyone will be going after Durant.

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I plan on winning the lotto tonight.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

IF he did it (and it's a big IF), wouldn't he be regarded as the best front office exec in league history?

Seriously, who else has acquired a 'best in position' player 3 times in 4 years (and kept them all)?

Not gonna pin my hopes on it...
    I'll dream short term, that somehow one (or some?) of Beverley/ Canaan/ Jones/ Motie takes a big step forward this year!

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Didn't I say this. James Harden the best one to convince him.

14. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL, will Dwight even be around by then?

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

He would actually be on the last year of his contract. It actually all lines up perfectly because I think Harden will be up for a new one as well.

It all comes down to us exceeding expectations these next 2 years and OKC flaming out.

16. s.b713

s.b713 Member

I think IF he decides to leave we would definitely be one of the destinations he would seriously consider, BUT our window is to WIN NOWW!!! we'll cross that bridge when its time.

17. Raven

Raven Member

I'm not believing anything until Chico verifies.

:p

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

/thread

19. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I think if okc doesn't win by 2016 then Durant will come to houston. After watching interviews it seems to me that Durant and harden were a lot closer of friends than Durant and Westbrook is, and the both seemed really butt hurt when harden left.

To me it seems that Durant has a love hate relationship with Westbrook. To me Westbrook is like a melo in that he takes stupid ass shots the whole game.

To me his top two picks would be houston(for harden and went to UT) or the wizards cause isn't that where he is from?

I could see Westbrook getting a max from LA or the knicks

20. mightybosstone

I've seen a lot of comments from posters claiming that these next two years would be "wasted seasons" if the Rockets don't add any superstars and save their cap for Durant in two years. Why? This is a team that won 54 games last season in Dwight's first year in Houston and came one ridiculous 30-footer from probably going to the second round of the playoffs. Why can't Houston contend with the roster it has now?

Also, people keep forgetting that next offseason isn't going to see a slew of great free agents on the market. The best ones (Love and Aldridge) are likely going to stay with their current teams. The only guy who could realistically help this team take a step forward would be Dragic, but even he's hardly a guarantee. I don't see why Morey can't pursue top free agents next offseason and if nothing happens, which is likely, then go after Durant in 2016.

I don't see the idea of pursuing Durant as "two wasted years" at all. I view that as a hopeful long-term plan that they could pursue if other possibilities don't work out and, in the meantime, they've still got a damn solid basketball team that can contend in the West.