1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS SPORTS] Rockets plan on recruiting Kevin Durant with James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 7, 2014.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Does he have to be?

Cuban is the one who recruited Gerrson Rosas, then fired him, probably trying to get Rockets' trade secrets.

Then he signs Parsons to tie up our salary cap, but ends up paying the huge contract.

I bet he tries to recruit Howard away too a year or so from now.

For some reason or another, Cuban especially wants to stick it to Daryl. But Daryl is quite a chess player, able to outmanuever him so far.

2. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

This.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you don't think winning will ever be something he'll want to do?

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Too much can happen between now and then to put any kind of faith in this coming true.

OKC could get back to the finals or win it all, convincing KD to stay.

They could miss the finals next year and Scott Brooks gets fired; ownership let's KD have a say in the coaching search in an effort to keep him there.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Our window is now.

5. mazinger

mazinger Member

Soon.....

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This. The expected cap jump makes it very feasible to go for it these next two years and still leave the option open to be able to pay Durant when the time gets here.

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This would seem to be propaganda ejected out to gain MORE leverage in current negotiations. Our window is now.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Who wouldn't want to join the team that just got done winning two championships?

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Only way this happens is if we're at the cusp of winning it all these next 2 years and OKC has regressed within the same time frame. I just don't see it.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

okc won't be winning with the team they have now. they still have the same problems..no bench and no low post presence

11. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Marc Stein is a nickleback fan.....

I almost stop reading after "When Daryl Morey took over the Rockets and it was obvious the Yao Ming-Tracy McGrady pairing wasn't destined for health and prosperity" How did Morey or anyone know that would be the case? Tracy and Yao were both healthy and dominate when on the floor together. It's hindsight and typical to say it now.

"The Rockets are widely expected to take a step back this season, thanks to all the depth they squandered on the Bosh dice roll, but they expect to have significant salary-cap room next summer" Really? why? because they lost that allstar called Chandler Parsons? I'm so happy they didn't over pay him and got Ariza to fill in his absence. They Rockets lost SOOOO much talent last year...right Stein. It amazes me that the media is so lazy to take shots on a GM that's active and creative in free agency; never afraid to go for the home run. Bosh was given a deal he couldn't refuse and Morey is slammed for going after him? God, I can't wait to prove people wrong. I'm not saying that we will win it all, but I believe we will be a better team. Two years with harden and howard together will start to show promise. Stein is lazy like most beat writers

12. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

We better have made at least one Conf Finals or higher before anyone leaves their team for us. That Portland series really set us back a little as far as Harden and Howard's perception as leaders. They are saying a lot of good things out of camp, like they know the true issues to work on, but talk is cheap. They need to win in the playoffs. Harden needs to spend time working on his D, not trying to recruit Durant.

13. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

But will he leave his teammate Westbrook?

We need to somehow sabotage their relationship.

14. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

To be honest, I don't like hearing this news. The goal should be titles, not "oops, the West is tough, let's just keep flexible for two more years and then KD will save the day". A lot of s**t can happen between now and then, good or bad. Why plan to lose for two years when you're already good?

15. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Not gonna happen and wouldnt want it either. What's the fun in a big three like that. Hope Morey is not stupid enough to wait on that failure of a star chase. Just stop it, two is enough. Just build around them already!

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If Harden has that good of a relationship with Durant then he probably has a good general idea of whether he's willing to leave. Miami's big three already floated around the idea of playing together since the Olympics.

People see it as wasted seasons, but when it comes to a player like Durant you'd better believe everyone is trying to stay flexible.

17. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Does this explain the new rumors that Rockets offered Parsons a two year max before he signed with Dallas? Maybe this is shy he was "offended". He knew the Rockets would chase Durant in 2016.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Morey to attempt to acquire top players....

.... More as details develop...

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nobody has any clue what you're talking about.

20. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Meanwhile the Wizards ask Sefelosha to lobby for Durant to come to D.C. It's all the same. Unless the Rockets truly exceed expectations these next 2 years...I wouldn't hold my breath. Generally free agents don't come to teams to be with their buddies. They want to return to the team they started from (Nash to Phoenix, Lebron to Cavs), or, to their hometown area (Dwight to NJ) or to the place that will give them best chance to win a championship (Malone and Payton to LA; Garnett and Allen to Boston); meanwhile other stars just want to sign with a big market team like New York, Chicago, LA (Carmelo to NY, Nash to Lakers, Pau to Chicago, etc.), etc.