1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Morey's contract is also up, status described as "questionable"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

2. AggieRocketsFan

3. comehere2

comehere2 Member

finally. let it be true.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't know what Adelman is thinking... he has said (or implied) that he wants to come back and that it is Les Alexander's decision. He'd have good reason to want to move on, considering he was lured here by the opportunity to coach Yao & T-Mac and he had those two on the same floor a whopping 72 games total in four years here.

I don't think the Rockets will bring him back though.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Agreed. I immediately didn't trust the source that called his status "questionable," but I didn't know off the top of my head when Morey's contract was up. I was taken by surprise when I saw this thread though because this would have been the first I heard that he was a free agent (sort of speak) this summer.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Morey might be like, you know what, I'm done with this team. Owner pressures him to try to get into playoffs and compete with what the Rockets have at the same time Morey might be thinking, tanking is what needs to happen during last season. This season yields no good bigs in the draft, is it considered a draft? Whatever... Rockets indecision dug their own graves..

1 person likes this.
  7. herro

herro Member

I can only see his status as "questionable" if Chicago, New York, Boston, Miami, and the Lakers need someone to run all of their organizations simultaneously. The Rockets are not too tough for Morey. Unfortunately, Morey might be headed to greener pastures.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

If we don't bring Adelman back, I would hope we at least bring in a coach that can keep the princeton style offense Adelman gave our players. It's the right offense. The defense needs to be tweaked with a big that can guard the rim and we may need some defensive style adjustment to cover for Martin a little better.

I just hope if Adelman is gone that we don't go tearing down the whole system and bringing in a coach like Larry Brown or some other "grinder" type coach that wants a walk it up and run set plays type offense with no imagination. I love Adelman's offense. It leaves room for great thinking and skilled players to adjust on the fly to whatever the defense is throwing at it and Adelman has proven at every stop that his offense is efficient and successful. I don't know who the young clones of him are, but that is the type of coach we need to hire.

9. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

we need morey to find us some talents in the draft..if he goes, i can see us end up getting scrubs with incompetent GMs.

10. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Elston Turner!

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

sounds good to me.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Any guess/insights on who the successor might be?

13. vick

vick Member

He is not a great asset, what world are you living on:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. leebigez

leebigez Member

Adelman is the only thing between the rockets and a 25 win team, not morey.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Then we can draft Austin Rivers?

16. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Member

I want both back. But im calling BS on the the OP's article from CBS. Where is Bimathug to confirm this and why hasnt this been mentioned since the start of the season that this was Morey's final year of his contract. This is the best site to get Rockets information by very intelligent posters and only now this is coming out? I don't believe it.

As for Adelman, the players on this current roster are built for his type of offense. I think Adelman will sign another 4 year deal. If we don't re-sign Adelman then I truly do not understand the Brad Miller signing last offseason.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Sure about that?

Adelman was the guy that was mad at trading away Battier and Brooks. Also seems to be the guy that wanted Miller.

18. aggie87

aggie87 Member

Adelman overachieves year after year and Les is contemplating on bringing him back?

This should be a no brainer, look what happened to Sactown when they let Adelman go

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I really don't, but I think a couple of your threads on the subject over the last month or so are really intelligent. At the Analytics Conference, one of the execs with Boston talked about how tough it is to go out there and get a player, and then your coach doesn't play that player. I immediately thought of Terrence Williams.

Morey always says the right things, about how Coach Adelman wants to win and plays the players who he feels gives him the best chance to do that. I don't think that's hogwash or anything, yet at the same time, I have to think the Rockets would like a coach that is fully on board with the front office and the team's long-term goals. Throw in cost and that the Rockets aren't likely to be contenders next year and I'd say Adelman won't be back.

1 person likes this.
  20. Beavis

Beavis Member

Cuban will pay more for Morey,. so Morey goes to Dallas

Fine with me. Should have never traded ariza,or landry,and botched not drafting houstonian deandre jordan,and is constantly throwing money away on role players like resigning yao ,hayes,scola when they should be saving cap for a mega star one day....and oh, this "finish 9th place every year" is a horrible strategy because you cant rebuild through the draft that way....the whole franchise is flawed from top to bottom...