1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Morey's contract is also up, status described as "questionable"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Apr 6, 2011.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Clutch, would that reasoning be based on Adelman's desire to leave this team? Or the front office not planning to keep Adelman for Houston's future?

2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

As long as Morey wants to be here, I don't see us letting him going anywhere.

3. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

If Rockets let him go, it will be a huge mistake.

4. houseofglass21

Morey needs to go

5. Raven

Raven Member

I can no longer defend a general manager who was quoted as saying he doesn't know the meaning of the word Rebuild. Does anyone have that quote handy? Perhaps I remember it wrong or maybe Morey was taken out of context. God, I hope so, because the Rockets absolutely positively must rebuild.

6. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

If Morey goes....

[​IMG]

7. OpportunityCost

The voice of reason.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Morey signs deal to remain through 2012-13

And unless Les had a change of heart since Tux 'n' Tennies where he said he and Morey will sit down at the end of the season to decide Rick's fate, then....

I don't believe this report (regarding Morey).

3 people like this.
  9. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

Jeebers are running this team and most NBA & professional sports teams,.. its all about the $$$$ nothing else. Fans exit Here :::

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think without Morey, we would be in much deeper shiiit. You have to consider that other GMs either have the pieces to work with or an owner they talk to in conjunction with basketball knowledge or their teams are in a shamble much worst than the Rockets. The only sad part is mediocrity keeps us from acquiring a 7 footer that can play... and that's what hurts the most.

11. rocketsmetalspd

Morey will end up being with the Rockets but RA will be out but who can come in and replace RA? It will take a while to gel with a new coach and direction. Once again the team will start off the season behind in regards to learning a new system and I would really hate to start off next season with an 0 for 5.:mad:

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Maybe we suck last year and we end up with cousins. As is we are on mediocrity road to nowhere. Morey is like lebron, made the team too good too fast.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

I don't fear a Morey departure until Ainge decides to hang it up in Boston. If Boston comes calling, that's Morey's childhood favorite and hometown team; I don't even know that him being under contract would stop him from going over there.

14. thumbs

thumbs Member

Jerry Colangelo's contract is up in Toronto. If Alexander cuts Morey loose, I wonder if we could snag Jerry. He would definitely be a trade up at the GM position for Les Alexander. At least Colangelo understands the importance of height and athleticism.

On the coaching front, I would prefer to keep Adelman. IMO he's done a great job with limited material. However, if he is replaced, I hope we sign Jerry Sloan, the only active, available coach with credentials equal to or better than Rick.

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Ken Berger has been a reliable reporter this year but there is a first time for everything.

Could it be possible there is an early termination clause in Morey's contract we're not aware of?

16. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Don't forget about the Mavs, him and Cuban are buddies. That reason alone is enough to keep him.

17. durvasa

durvasa Member

His hometown team would be the Cleveland Cavaliers. He has Boston ties because he did his MBA at MIT and his first NBA job was with the Celtics.

18. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Jerry? His son Bryan's the one running things in Toronto. And he's pretty much the same as Danny Ferry - if anything, he's even more incompetent as he directly helped the Heat get cap space to sign the Raptors' superstar in the Marion deal.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

We need to sign Morey for the next 3 decades...

Les better not screw this up.

20. thumbs

thumbs Member

Brain flatulence. I meant Bryan -- I was thinking about Jerry Sloan at the same time and well, pbbbbthhhthhh. Jerry did a great job for the Suns, but Bryan still understands team building.