1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Harden pushed for McHale's firing & angled for Howard trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 25, 2016.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

So your reasoning for this dismal season (even before Mchale got fired) is that we got lucky last year and 'the loose balls aren't bouncing our way...'

so basically, "eh, sh%t happens..."

if you believe that's the diff from a wcf app to a .500 club... you're entitled to your opinion... :)

(and I didn't even have to call your ideology 'dense') ;)

2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Um, I don't think 'analytics' means what you think it means.

And, you sound suspiciously like Charles Barkley.

I'll just leave it at that.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not sure if it's really luck. All those things mentioned are what winning teams learn to do. They close out those 50/50 games and generally are on the positive side of things. A lot has obviously changed this year in terms of regression and has spread throughout the whole team.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

The Rockets had a great coach (Adelman) but he coach realized Morey wanted all the gloss for himself.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

If Harden got McHale fired and tried to trade Dwight, then he's doing a better job of a GM than Morey (besides asking Morey to get Lawson).

Trading Dwight would've been addition by subtraction. Morey stubbornly waiting for a great deal was a bad idea when you consider we could lose him for nothing.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

And Morey failing to listen to Harden about trading Dwight is not good. That's step 1 to ensuring Harden bolts after his contract.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Best post in this thread.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The question was never whether McHale lost the locker room, but when and how, especially the "when" question.

The timing of firing was just weird in light of the extension given in also a weird timing.

I've been asking since the McHale firing: "They fire him 11 games into the season. They didn't know what kind of coach McHale was before those 11 games?"

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Who cares. If harden leaves it just cements the fact that he knows he can't be the best player on a championship team. But hey he just might be happy with that by then and just wants to win some games and collect checks

11. nono

nono Member

Harden = bearded Machiavelli

12. malakas

malakas Member

Perhaps mchale himself is chirping to the press.
    Repeated so many times almost by every single journalist including Woj that its pointless to not believe tbat H+H relationship isnt good.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Listen...Even if Harden has opinions about who should coach the team and which players shouldn't be here, it's on the organization to make the final decisions.

If they are bending over and taking it from Harden, then that's on them.

14. fattz

fattz Member

Why do we care if two grown men, most of us do not even know, like one another? I don't like all of my co-workers but still do my job.

Thought IF you could make some of your co-workers go away would you?

Fact it is Les' team --> he is the only one that really matters till he sells or dies.

1 person likes this.
  15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

One of the better more thought out posts of the season. This deserves to be placed in the Rockets front office and glued to everyone's door. We've thought about 10 steps ahead with no regard to the now. This is why I feel we need an assistant gm that'll help Morey with that.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If that is the case then it's going to be very hard for mchale to not only get another HC job but if he does, win over the players in the locker room.

Nobody respects a person who airs out other people's business.

I don't ever hear any player or coach bad mouth harden ever. They all speak to how good of a guy he is.

Only people that I hear question the guy is media members with there unnamed sources.

Time will tell I guess but I don't really buy it when we all know for fact that these guys in the media are here for entertainment and to make headlines.

It's hard to believe anything a lot of these guys say.

Only thing I do no is that Harden and Howard want to win as does any player and coach. It's human nature to any to succeed and win in anything you choose to pursue.

These guys are smart enough and have had enough success in 2 years to realize they need each other to get to were they want to go.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets CEO Tad Brown vehemently denies report Harden pushed for McHale's firing, Howard trade. Points out he's in middle of everything.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/703045236453281794">February 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brown's complaint was largely with unnamed sources whom he said have agenda, not w/ &quot;good reporters.&quot; Would not speculate on &quot;motivations.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/703045913879539712">February 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brown: &quot;James coming in and demanding to have Dwight traded, or ... both James and Dwight wanting each other traded, that never happened.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/703046666220232705">February 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More Brown: &quot;James supposedly coming in and demanding there be a coaching change, that never happened. Things written about did not happen.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/703047038858977280">February 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For those assuming Brown was doing damage control, he's not that good an actor. We've all seen spin. This was very assertive, credible.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/703048835954659328">February 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I also think its bull****

I dont know why someone would put that out there, maybe some GM that just hates Murray or someone who just doesnt the H&H duo