1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Harden pushed for McHale's firing & angled for Howard trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 25, 2016.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Regardless of the validity of the article, it just seems like Harden is running the show and would prefer Dwight be gone. Harden just comes off like a weirder version of Kobe minus the focus on basketball and the competitive fire. He just has the Kobe "I'm better than you worms, including my All Star center" attitude.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Berger:

How did that go down?

Info came to light when I was reporting on power & star players in the NBA and how much power they should/shouldn't have. Talked to a lot of players about it. Some interesting perspectives. The one with Harden, it's not the first time and won't be the last. It's an interesting dynamic now. GM job, it's a full time job as it is but if you have a star player, they're so difficult to get and keep, you have to make decisions you ordinarily might not make to keep them happy. ... Howard find himself on the other end of the stick now. Coaches have become expendable but superstars are not.

What happens with Dwight?

I think he opts out and leaves. I can't tell you where he'll go. Dwight has a limited window where he can still be the #1 on a team. That's clearly what he wants. If he wanted to be a #2, he'd be happy playing with Harden. Harden is the #1 there. All it takes is one team to offer the max and he's gone.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Read my Sig.

:p

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

people want to believe harden is all that... been sayin the dude is fool's gold - due to attitude, lack of focus. lack of leadership and inability to make the players around him better...

This narcissistic bs might work if you're MJ or Kobe... but Harden ain't either...

I'm tellin y'all... fool's gold... get a return on him before he loses all value...

Those that look beyond the boxscores understand... those that don't - won't...

5. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Last year seemed like it happened a decade ago. This is that team??? Hurry up n end the season so we can cut dead weight , especially this coaching staff

6. Fantasma Negro

So you honestly think this team would be better without Harden?

Beverley/ Lawson/ Jet
    Brewer/ Thorton
    Ariza/ Dekker
    Smith/ Jones/Harrell
    Howard/ Capella

Good luck

7. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

The media is and has been out of control. It would be nice if they were regulated even though that's far fetched. They can write anything they want with no repercussions at all lol The story could be completely false and in return cause major issues with teams and players, yet for the sake of hits and attention some writers will publish BS based on "multiple sources". I don't know if that article is true, but I have a hard time believing Berger has any insight on this team....I could be wrong, I don't know. If you're going to make accusations about players, front office and teams that are damaging to their brand/name, then I think they or the organization they work for should be sued if the claims are false.....forcing the writer to give up the "source" and break the BS wide open.

End rant...lol

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I've been telling y'all, Harden is doing what he needs to do to get KD...KD may not come here, but Harden knows what it'll take for the rockets to have a shot.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's amazing to me to watch media regurgitate this nonsense. Dwight has never said that, and at this stage of his career, I'm pretty sure he knows that he can't be the #1 option on any sort of winning team. He never said he was unhappy, either. Just wants to win.

As far as "one team to offer the max," wake me up when it happens, Ken. The asking price from Houston wasn't especially high at the deadline, and Morey worked with Fegan on potential destinations. Yet no one was willing to offer anything of value for Dwight unless he opted in. If the $30+M max deal for Dwight is such a foregone conclusion, then why was his deadline market so limited?

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Mchale did suck at his job, getting fired 11 games into the season after receiving an extension shortly after losing to the Blazers who we were better than and had HCA against, clearly shows that his employers didn't think so though.

11. kjayp

Better just without him - with no return for him? No, of course not... that's ridiculous... harden's talent and brand of basketball will beat most mediocre teams... If your goal is to be competitive and make the playoffs - then by all means, he's your man! But if your goal is to win a championship... then not so much... I put him in the Iverson category - great player who can put up great #s - but isn't going to get enough out of the rest of the team to win it all - too overly reliant on ball dominance...

Give me a Butler in place of Harden and I think the team will be better... even if Butler isn't 'as good' as Harden... if we brought somebody in who could give us 75% of harden's out put on half the ball in hand time, I think we could get higher production from the rest of the cast...

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

So find players that fit with Harden - exactly right.

DD

13. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Yeah, no d playin' and stayin' out late at da club with hoes and missing shots on purpose to get rid of a coach that asks you to put in a professional effort on the court, uh-huh...

14. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

ok - so let me get this straight.....

he's been to the finals once
    been to the western conference finals twice
    made multiple all star appearances
    has continually helped his teams get to the playoffs
    was considered a leader for team USA
    won the players choice MVP last year and was the runner up in the politic voting

and he's fools gold?

Tmac was fools gold

Steve Francis was fools gold

DaDakota is a fool

Harden is not fools gold.

This board needs an enema

15. kjayp

If you don't think the fame has gone to his head and that he has changed... then idk what to tell you, man...

If you want to cite successes from when he wasnt starting and had Westbrook and Durant... again, idk what to tell you...

The dude could be a phenomenal player and lead a phenomenally successful team - but he'd rather be a superstar.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

its sad to see this season turn some of the most respected posters on this site into drama queens and finger pointers. Bad seasons happen, sucks after the run last year and the high expectations for this season, but Harden isnt the problem. Dwight isnt the problem. Outside of those two the rest of the roster SUCKS ASS ... all of them.

Cant win going 2 v 5 most nights. But carry on with your pitchforks and torches.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's not that different than what Wade and Lebron wanted to do..they felt they'd be great together regardless of what had happened before...If KD and Harden have a similar attitude, which I can believe, then this season doesn't mean much To KD. They'd still need that third wheel and good role players, but knowing Morey, he's going to have those steps outlined for KD, when they meet. If KD believes in Morey's plan, then that's all that matters, not what the team did this year. If he thinks it's realistic, then he'll consider us.

18. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

This story is starting to catch attention.

I personally doubt the legitimacy of this report but as we have seen that doesnt matter to anyone outside of Houston

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Harden is the ace of this team.

I am fine if he did that.

But I really question about the message source.

20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

How many pages of that thread "Officially fired McFail"???