1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Harden pushed for McHale's firing & angled for Howard trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 25, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah but, . . . SAUCES!

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The idea is to wait for their brass to have simultaneous brain hemorrhages,... then it just might work.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure Harden started teh "Fire McFail" meme here.

4. RCPM

RCPM Member

"proof and further evidence"....Really?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Star players frequently get coaches fired. It's not something new. Heck, Howard did that to SVG and it was no secret.

But when the star player starts to play GM, it's usually not good. LeBron did that first time in Cleveland and never worked.

It is one thing the players tune the coach out. It's entirely another thing the players tune each other out.

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is not just Morey. Les Alexander determines how this team is run. Alexander is the star chaser, the splash maker. And Morey and Alexander communicate everyday about the team. If Alexander says to keep Harden happy, then Morey will do so.

I am losing sight of what this ball club is about. It isn't the same club I fell for growing up in Houston. There used to be a beautiful narrative to this team. That is all gone. Maybe this is the dark period in which the star player is accused of faking an injury before things come together, the team clicks, and they surge. Or maybe this squad is just built around the wrong star player.

(And damn that San Antonio and its model way of doing things!)

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Kevin Harlan said this on the radio a long time ago.

Didn't think it was really news, but I know his slurpers will downplay his metastasis to the rest of the team this season.

1 person likes this.
  8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yeah I totally agree with you..

T_Man

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

How many times are people going to keep rehashing the same BS reports and call them new?

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There is chum in the water and the media narrative sharks are circling.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin is probably just a h8er, making things up!

You hear things around the league. ... I smell a rat. I know too much. What I know isn't good. The problem with coaching young superstar players, they have all the answers. It's an affront to them when you try to be honest & coach as opposed to them taking it personal.

When these big name players don't live up to their own standards, they want to throw off some issues towards other.

Until we get James fired! FIRE FRAUDEN! Frauden is the cancer!

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Exactly, one of McHale's closest friends is obviously making s hit up or McHale just lied to him.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You guys aren't making much sense. Just because we wanted Mchale gone does not mean it's true that Harden "Demanded it". Anytime a reporter says "multiple sources" I always take it with a grain of salt. First you have to trust the reporter then you have to trust the "sources" no thanks. If Harden says he didn't want that then I believe him over cbs sports.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Can you prove that's what happening here? No... Secondly our GM acting as a GM isn't working out either currently. Guess Morey is a cancer, lol.

15. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Sounds like harden trying to do what's best for the team

Back in my day that's what they called leader

Except kinda disagree about Dwight needing to be traded

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

read the post before. This has been stated by Harlan right after the firing. He is really good friends with Mchale and told it in a subtle but very telling way.

Christ. Fans on this site start singing Kumbaya to anything they they want to hear and when it isn't, they start blaming the reporting.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Multiple journalists have been saying things like this for months, McHale hinted at Harden being the reason he was fired, why are there so many people in denial here? It's obvious to everyone, random PR-controlled interviews with the players talking about 'positive talks", "we're a team" bla bla shouldn't fool anyone.

1 person likes this.
  18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Because McHales good friend isn't going to say " McHale got fired because he sucked at his job "

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Unbelievable. Someone with power in the organization finally stepped up and said that McHale is a bad coach despite his record, and you complain about it.

I'm sure that Harden is being made aware of when he has poor defensive lapses (which sometimes go over multiple games or weeks) because he does improve. He improved dramatically from where he was at the beginning of the year this year, and he improved last year after the year prior.

Please tell me, other than his defense, where James has been wrong with the boundaries he's overstepped with the Rockets? Asking about trading Dwight actually isn't the dumbest thing in the world. We all know as great as Dwight was or has been even this year, he's not great return on investment on his max contracts, and him and Harden really don't click as well as everyone might have hoped.

We are paying a max contract to a rebounding and dunking center on this team.... not the dominant Orlando Magic Dwight. If James sees that the team could be better if Dwight was traded for a great package of SEVERAL good players or another star that fits better, I have NO PROBLEM with him voicing that opinion to Morey & Les. I'd rather him be honest about it than suck it up for several years with the team struggling.

20. Mr Chuck Norris

Stop acting like Mchale didn't ****ing suck. We had a major fire Mchale thread for three years. Now we're mad that he's actually gone? Are you guys mad that you didn't do it?