1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Harden pushed for McHale's firing & angled for Howard trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 25, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Full article: NBA stars deserve organizational say, but how much?

1 person likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden is the cancer!

Harden is the cancer!

I don't believe it! I don't...

[​IMG]

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Sounds like a bunch of reporting BS taken out of context , and put in quotes to seem professional.

4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Only 24 games left and we'll be done with this train wreck.

1 person likes this.
  6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

If this is TRUE... Then this is not good at all...

The problem right now is too many reports are coming out reporting the sam e thing..

This franchise right now is a BIG MESS!!!!

T_Man

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden has 2 more years left on his contract!

8. DreamEarlNolan

Today's article by Calvin Harris would go against pretty much everything the CBS Sports article claims.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...kets-need-dwight-howard-james-harden-man-lead

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BE3OS7hGc-g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Even if that writer is inventing the "multiple sources" or not, 80% of this BBS wanted McHale fired.

Had someone posted a poll after those first 11 games, "Should Harden tell DM and Les to fire McHale?" would you have voted Yes?

Don't be hypocrites, guys.

INB4 someone says, "Sure I wanted McHale fired, but I didn't want our best player to demand it." smh

1 person likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Believe it you want to or not, that's fine but...

....but this. This is not the first report either saying a) he pushed/got McHale fired or b) he wants Howard gone or c) both.

12. rocketsmetalspd

Well at least we know which player the organization will be building the team around.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

Draft night trade: Wiggins, KAT, & their lotto pick for Harden. Try to re-sign Dwight but not at full max. Bring back McHale to help develop KAT as a PF.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No surprise here

You have to have a little brain and watch games to see the real problem with Rockets basketball

Stop logging on to Espn Box score and seeing Harden's stats

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Why would Minny do that?

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This isn't a political cover up. This is sports/celebrity gossip, mainly. Websites can just feed off of each other and recycle the same thing. Howard has a history of attracting these lockerroom tension pieces. The media can just flat out invent it now.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This article is more proof and further evidence (going back to the earlier thread) to what I said that Morey has put Harden on a pedestal and this dude can do whatever the F he wants

lw17 likes this.
  18. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

This team makes me want to take a shower and watch highlights of the 22 game win streak. I am absolutely not an expert but I think Harden is fool's gold and I would not cry if we traded him in the offseason. This basketball this team has played since he arrived is so unpleasant to watch. I know he is the best SG in the league and the team is worse without him but he is no champion.

lw17 likes this.
  19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Not denying what you're saying hint the TRUE in all caps...

The problem is.. Reporters will always jump on a good negative story no matter if it's true or not..... But I have never seen Morey this pro-active to try and put the fires out like he is with this mess.

So right now we have 3 sides to this thing.. the reporters story, the rockets story and somewhere there's the truth.

T_Man

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The reason I find it somewhat unbelievable is because it doesn't seem to match with Harden's personality.

Frankly, if Harden was taking on a Lebron, CP3 esque type forceful role, that would speak to leadership - whether good or bad - more strongly than it seems is befitting his personality.

Rather, his personality is one of ... DM talks to James about the really slow start, asks about coaching, wants real comments, James provides them. He likes McHale, but yada yada.

DM talks to James about Dwight, wants real comments, James provides them.

It's hard to imagine him directly pushing hard for things. If he was angling, he was probably just noting true criticisms and faults.

Some might take issue with the fact that DM and the organization goes to James like that, or view James like that, or James views himself like that #1 guy... BUT he clearly is.

Yeah, we get it, his defense is suspect and hasn't been good at all this year. But his offensive game is near last year levels, and if you take out that first month probably at last year levels. And guess who else sucks defensively now...? Dwight. Dude isn't nearly the defensive anchor he once was and more importantly can't hedge or guard anyone on PnRs anymore. I'm not mad at him on a personal level... its his back.

James is the leader of this team on the court until they find a coach that can be that leader. That they ask his opinion about things shouldn't be surprising.

But maybe I'm wrong, and it really is James being aggressive and strongly pushing for these changes - changes, by the way, which make sense.