1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBS: Some execs believe Courtney Lee-for-OJ Mayo would make sense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 16, 2011.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

That guy is NOT a reliable source. He usually says generic stuff and then likes to brag about "how he had the scoop before anyone else." It's BS.

For instance, just earlier he was trying to tell Y! Marc Spears that he out-scooped him by saying that Mike Bibby was on the block six hours before. No where did he mention what team was interested in him or what the deal was, just that he was on the block.

Everyone has known Mike Bibby has been on the block all year.

He was also the guy who tried to "scoop" the Andy Reid stepping down rumor (which I fell for). Turns out, he saw a FB status from an ex-Eagles player about Gruden (guy's status was posted as a joke) and rushed to his twitter to make up the claim in case he was right.

I would take what he says with a grain of salt -- assuming he's giving specifics and not general "OJ or Randolph (or both) might be traded!!" crap. Duh they might be traded -- we've heard rumors about the two of them for several weeks!

2. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I don't know about that, he breaks a lot of NBA and NHL rumors before anyone else.

He reported that Melo would be a Knick 3 days before it happened.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

bro, i'm not trying to be an ass, but when you read that last statement, it's pretty funny. the dude had a more than 50% chance of getting that right ...well before 3 days in advance.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

nah, the guy is totally unreliable...

5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I see what your saying but the guy seems pretty legit with his reports lately.

6. LongTimeFan

I know what you mean and I thought he was gold too. I follow him for entertainment, but I have a hard time taking seriously what he says. You'll see a lot of vague generalities -- and of course the 'bragging' is annoying as hell.

No idea how he is re: NHL as I don't follow it. I just know from what he's said NBA wise.. I wouldn't put him on the same pedestal that I put Y! sports, ESPN and Ken Berger, for example.

7. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Gotcha, I will be more precautious with him from now on.

I don't know about the NHL either but people seem to like his reports on it too.

Thanks for the heads up about this dude.

1 person likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mayo is good, but I want Thabeet too...

9. LongTimeFan

Here's what I'm talking about:

So now if we trade Courtney Lee to the Bulls, he will start trumping how his source was right yaddy yaddy. We've known the Bulls have wanted Courtney Lee since I started a thread back in December about it (http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5810747&postcount=1). It's nothing new, just rehashing available info.