1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS] Rockets, Warriors open to Dwight Howard rental

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 8, 2012.

1. amaru

amaru Member

Don't forget the year before with Amar'e

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Can't wait for Daryl to acquire some 2010 busts ;)

3. rocketsmetalspd

Dwight Howard Josh Smith these two guys work out with Dream, maybe Dream can talk them to coming here and staying put in H-Town.

I just hope Morey can get something done by next Thursday, it will be an interesting day. I plan on being here all day long that day.

4. ThaShark316_28

Turner, Johnson, Henry and Sanders. :cool:

5. amaru

amaru Member

Don't get ur hopes up.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Oh yeah, huge risk. But IMO, it's get off the pot time. And I did say that was the most extreme offer that could be put together. I think the bases could be covered a bit more in a realistic scenario, but that's 100% on Orlando.

This roster is going nowhere fast, and we're talking about Dwight Howard here. There've been occasional media reports saying that we want to "build around" Kyle, which makes me choke. I love him, but you just don't build around a guy that's 5th best at his position in the rosiest of rankings. In a sense, that's what we already did with Martin.

I'm of the mind that it's time to be bold. I think Daryl will be, but it's not all up to him. We definitely can't sit back and watch someone like Dallas put together a Dirk-Dwight-Deron trio as we continue to shuffle deck chairs.

7. Spooner

Spooner Member

We built around Martin??? Martin was brought in to play with Yao.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Clutch are you advocating tanking? Welcome aboard!:grin:

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

The only way it makes sense to "tank" in our situation is to do just this, blow everything on one roll of the dice to contend this year and a small chance to sign a superstar to an extension. It would be impossible to tank the way the roster is currently constructed--we are too deep and our youngs on long-term contracts are too polished and too just plain good to allow us to get into the top 5 lottery picks, even if we bench every player over the age of 25 for a whole season. And really there isn't much difference between the 10th pick and the 15th, so why bother?

I'm in favor of going all-in to get a player like Howard though. But only if it's a guy who can get us into at least the 5th seed in the playoffs. That wasn't Melo, and it's not D-Will, but it could be Dwight.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Actually, Clutch has openly been on board with the Rockets not having a lot of wins this year since before the season started. Although, I don't recall him ever using the word "tanking".

11. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the way Orlando gets its supporting cast for Dwight.

Lowry, Martin, Morris, 1st rounder for Dwight.

Then Dwight resigns with Orlando in the offseason.

Lowry
    Martin
    Turk
    Anderson
    Howard

1 person likes this.
  12. teebone21

teebone21 Member

bottom line to answer everyone question, houston will not be trading anyone this season. Our "assets" arent worth anything to a team with a above average player

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Tanking is such a ugly word.

I use the word 'Rebuild' which means playing all young players over your vets (and then trading your vets for young players) and rolling with the results.

14. jocar

jocar Member

Lowry missed the team meeting when they all agreed to tank

15. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

what???

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Alas, it's too late to tank. Not to get into the Lotto but to go all-in LottoLand. Gotta hope, if Lotta we go, for a little commish pay-back. :p

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We can afford to take on either Hedo or QRich/Duhon with Dwight and still have enough cap to max out DWill during the offseason.

18. cod

cod Member

[​IMG]

Is Morey playing Jon Voight's character where he's getting used by other teams or is he Hoffman's character pimping out false hope to fans.

19. cml750

cml750 Member

I am completely on board for this. We finally get a superstar and if he leaves we can finally rebuild. A win-win IMHO.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If you want a perfect Movie analogy it's obvious:

[​IMG]