1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[CBS] Rockets, Warriors open to Dwight Howard rental

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 8, 2012.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I just hope/wish Morey will soon be able to break the chains of Leslie and finally be able to run this team the way he wants.

Then no more "Rockets open to... Rockets willing to... Rockets hoping to..." if we get Dwight even as a rental it will be a miracle but we need to get some better overall talent period.

If Dwight does come tho, and we have all that cap room Deron will come to.

1 person likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

true. true. i'll never give up hope!

No, you don't get him at all. Orlando seems content to try and win with him. If they won't trade him for Bynum why would they trade him for something "cheaper"?

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

Who the heck can we trade for Howard? Kyle Lowry is the only one i can think of plus our two picks.

4. allanivan

allanivan Member

hahaha ,funny... I just hope we don't get 14th pick 3 years in a row

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I will admit the one good thing about this report is that it puts Houston's name out there.

6. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Haha how in the world do people seriously see us landing Howard? You think the Magic are interested in our assetts or better yet 'star players' ?? Warriors can knock any deal out the park by offering Ellis

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I see more of a last minute deal for Kaman happening.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Look personally I don't believe Morey ever wanted Melo that bad. He liked Melo but he wasn't going to give up very much for him, because he knew that Melo wasn't enough to carry a team... didn't he even say in an interview that a Melo + Stoudemire team was only a borderline playoff team, not a contender? The Knicks proved him right in spades. Even Tyson Chandler wasn't enough to get them into the playoffs, it took Linsanity--and they're still only right at the borderline, not championship contenders.

I think he will go much harder after Howard, because Howard is a guy worth giving up a ton for.

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

You could argue that Lowry is worth more than Ellis by himself.

10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I am sick of waiting! Get something done already! We cannot afford to wait another week, lose 3-4 more games then make a trade for a star and miss the playoffs by a game.

11. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

If we could somehow end up keeping Lowry in this deal i would be down for this trade. And I wouldn't consider this a "rental" because we all know Howard will stay for sure when Morey buys him a new iPad 3 :grin:

12. cod

cod Member

It has been. Les has always been about the "big name" before Morey became GM.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

14. Remix

Remix Member

Landing Dwight could be an enticing piece to lure Deron Williams back to his home state :grin:

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think it's even an argument. Lowry is a more valuable asset than Ellis. Younger, better contract, fits into multiple systems instead of only run and gun play, more productive this season, better defensive player.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Preemptive strike of the trade, eh? Who will pair up to make the deal? Are the Hawks bullish on dealing JS5? He'd look really good here in the ToyShop. Match him up with GW, the wallowing Wallace of Blazerland.

Perhaps no one else is ready to pull a trigger?

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen!

1 person likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I like the idea of renting a star because even if they do leave us they alone Morey to give Les the excuse to rebuild from scratch.

19. Ultimate6thMan

We trade Lowry and Scola for Gasol......and then everyone and anyone on the team, plus any picks we have, clutch the bear, the rpds and anything else that Orlando wants to get the Dwight Howard rental. :)

Then we fill out the starting lineup with Clutch, you and myself...lol And sign DWill in the offseason along with anyone else that happens to want to play with those three for cheap.

I think Howard will stay to play with Gasol and DWill...we could fill in with rookies, role players and the like to field a contender with those three, even if Les had to pay some luxury tax, which I don't think he would mind if he could snag those three.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Right now, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Lowry traded for Pau, but i'd be surprised if that was the only significant trade.