1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS] Resilient Texans Flying Higher But Still Below AFC Radar

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by AbbasNasib, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

He should be allowed to audible to a tougher schedule. Until then: Mediocre.

2. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Then why no Kubiak make tougher schedule! He need to challenge NFL schedule maker! :mad:

3. jonjon

jonjon Member

YOF, Texans Version... LMAO

4. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

No, I was pissed when we re-signed Kubiak in the offseason but we are 6-3. so they're is nothing really to complain about.

It's not the Texans fault that they have a weak schedule.

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

People will get their wish for a tougher schedule if we handle our business this season...And win the Super Bowl

in other words, Same ol ****, just different day

6. emjohn

emjohn Member

Cincy @ PIT
    Atl @ HOU
    Det @ NO

The networks generally consider us ratings cyanide...so I'm guessing they go with Steeler Nation or the Saints.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

I agree; we're likely running 3rd. The one caveat is that the NFL would probably like to get us some national exposure (I'm still stunned we didn't at least score a MNF game this year) before the playoffs. They likely feel the same way about Detroit; more so maybe - but that's also the week after their Thanksgiving Day game. (My guess is CBS pulls back the Steeler game, btw.)

We play Cincinnati the following week (but NBC has DAL/NYG) and Tennessee the last week of the season. Those are our only other shots to get on NBC.

8. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I still count the Steelers one as said win. I'm not going to get down on them too bad for losing to two Super Bowl contenders on the road. Especially the 2nd one (Baltimore) without their best offensive player.

Just my opinion.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

_____ team playing a relatively easy schedule, what do you expect?!

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

The Steelers play on Thursday night football the week following their game against Cincinnati, so I'm guessing they won't have Pittsburgh play a Sunday NIGHT game directly before a Thursday night game. I'm thinking it's going to come down to the Lions - Saints, or Falcons - Texans.

And the Steelers are a marquee win for us this year....but it happened to early in the season for anybody to remember it now.

11. DieHard Rocket

I'm guessing NO/Det will get it, unless they decide they don't want the Lions on national TV two weeks in a row.

And that Steelers game was a solid win, but still didn't have the feel of a huge win against a team that we were underdogs against. Their o-line was trash at that point due to injuries. It's nitpicky to hold that against us, but I'm still searching for that special win against a contender (ie playoff type win) that will put us over the top. A convincing win Sunday might suffice.

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Member

Steelers win is definitely a signature win. They were 2-1 when we played them. And now they only have three losses, 2 of them to the Ravens and one to us. They are the defending AFC Champions. And they are still talking about Big Ben's bum ankle because of the shots he took in the Texans game.

If that doesn't qualify then what does?!

In any case, the only attention that really matters to me is the attention they should get if they make it to the big show. Otherwise let's just keep flying under the radar.