1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS] Resilient Texans Flying Higher But Still Below AFC Radar

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by AbbasNasib, Nov 8, 2011.

1. AbbasNasib

AbbasNasib Member

Halfway through the season, nothing much has changed in the NFL. Green Bay is still the team to beat in the NFC, while the AFC holds weekly auditions for its favorite.

For the moment, Baltimore is that club, thanks largely to the Ravens' two-game sweep of Pittsburgh, and it should be. But what about this time next month? I've heard people suggest the Jets, New England and Pittsburgh ... maybe even Buffalo? ... as possibilities before the season is over, but I'm still waiting for someone to come around to the Houston Texans.

So let me do it....

LINK

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

We don't have a signature win yet. The two chances we had at one (@NO and @BAL) we pooped the bed and got our faces smashed in. Ideally, the Pittsburgh win should've been a head turner, but it happened too early in the season and at a time when most people had buried them. We're going to be under the radar all the way into the playoffs.

3. conquistador#11

nothing wrong with being under the radar. Infact, a surprise attack is the best kind of attack for a battlefight.
    I would like to see as many highlights as the awesome rams get on nfl access. =/

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

IMO, beating Atlanta would be a signature win for us...I'd rather beat a playoff calibur team in the latter part of the season than the beginning... Plus, we arent losin to scrubs...

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This kind of article is one Texans fans have been waiting 10 years to read in-season. Yes, we've been offseason and preseason darlings in the past, but we've never received this kind of positive ink 9 weeks into a season. Feels, absolutely great.

If we maintain this kind of focus and play through the season, it'll be something to see a team (neigh franchise) that has been so void of confidence finally play with their legs underneath them and uncle 'mo with them in a (*HOME*) playoff game.

Doesn't make up for the lost chance in 2009, but there's no time like the present, right?

Go Texans!

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

We are going to be lumped in with Buffalo - no one will believe in us until we go into the postseason and get a strong win there. Until that happens, the nation will stamp FLUKE on our heads and wait for the collapse.

And that's fair.

1 person likes this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Unless we literally run the table, I really don't see how we will garner the national attention that Baltimore, New England, or Pittsburgh will get in the AFC. Like it was stated earlier, we don't really have a marquee win yet, and Atlanta and Cincinnati might be our only two opportunities left to get one. But, I'm perfectly ok with that because the easier our schedule is, the more likely we are going to be playing a playoff game at Reliant Stadium. Just thinking about that atmosphere has me chomping at the bit.

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I feel the same, if we run the table and go into the playoffs 13-3 there is now way we won't be on every fan and teams radar. I think even a 12-4 as long as we trounce Atlanta will turn some heads.

As much as it gets me pumped up to have the attention, not having it is ok, as long as we go into the playoffs healthy as possible and playing good football, I will be feeling great.

I pray Andre is healthy and he gets a taste of playoff football and a possible Super Bowl run! He deserves as much as or more than anyone else in the league.

9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Beating a 7-4 (or better) Atlanta team on Sunday Night in primetime would put us on people's radars.

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

"They have Matt Schaub, and while he's accomplished, I don't completely trust the guy in big games."

[​IMG]

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Exactly, I really hope they move the Atlanta game to SNF. I'll probably be going to that game.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Cincy on the road would be more of a signature win than Atlanta at home

13. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Huh? Why isn't the Steelers game a signature win?

We played most of the game without AJ and with Foster not even at full strength.

We would have won by 14 more points if those two TD's by Joseph weren't called back because of bogus calls.

We'd beat the Steelers again if we met them.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

let's do both!!!

15. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

16. liljojo

liljojo Member

I agree that the Steelers win was legit. And we could beat them again next week if we played them again. Those calls weren't bogus though.

17. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

awexler Adam Wexler
    Also FOX has protected NYG/GB. ATL/HOU possibly? DET/NO? @Zepp1978 RT @pwilson24: NFL is moving #Colts-Patriots Dec. 4 off of #SNF to 1 pm

If we play the SNF game, we have a chance to show the nation what we are all about!

Too bad they may pick the Giants/Packers game. Rodgers vs. Manning. :rolleyes:

18. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

That tweet says that NYG/GB is being protected by Fox from getting poached for SNF, so we have a good chance.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The 1-18 record against teams who finish over .500 on the road speaks for itself. Until we beat good teams on the road we won't be taken seriously.

Winning tough games on the road are what serperate great teams from pretenders.

20. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Why schedule no tougher! Matt Schaub need to schedule games against tougher teams! :mad: