1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBS Reporter's opinion on the campaigns

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by weslinder, Oct 9, 2008.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I thought this was an interesting view.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/10/07/politics/fromtheroad/entry4507703.shtml

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

The other day in Albuquerque, N.M., the reporters were given almost no time to file their reports after McCain spoke. It was an important, aggressive speech, lambasting Obama's past associations. When we asked for more time to write up his remarks and prepare our reports, the campaign readily agreed to it. They understood.

How considerate of the McCain camp!

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

so your saying if you campaign for president twice, you become more efficient and organized?

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

That and you realize you can't let reporters talk to your vp or to your supporters.

Experience matters!

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Maybe none of this means much. Maybe a front-running campaign like Obama's that is focused solely on victory doesn't have the time to do the mundane things like print up schedules or attend to the needs of reporters

WAAH-mbulance dispatched...

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

What an entirely irrelevant and inconsequential piece.

I cannot express the amount of "I don't give a ****" I feel in regard to the alacrity of either campaign to supply campaign schedules.

It's hysterical to me that weslinder finds the one journalist who apparently is not concerned with the lack of access reporters have been given to Palin, or the fact that it appears reporters are being instructed not to talk to the supporters in the crowd, but instead focuses on scheduling and how "nice" the people on the phone appear to be.

What, pray tell, did you find so interesting weslinder? Perhaps the "interesting" part was the subjective generalities and prevalent uselessness of the espoused viewpoint?

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow, look at that liberal media bias in action! CBS is the worst, right? (and by right, I am talking to The Right.)

CBS is the worst, right, Right? :)

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ride Ride?

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

This kind of reminded me of Colbert's town hall bit the other day: "You're asking if it's ok to talk about a candidates Reverand, right?"

<embed FlashVars='videoId=187336' src='http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>

10. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I have no idea what that smell is. (Not a good role model for the kids I might add.)

[​IMG]

Obama Admits Bumming Cigarettes on the Campaign Trail
    by Bonney Kapp

NASHVILLE - The Associated Press got a preview of Barack Obama’s interview with Men’s Health magazine to grace next month’s issue, where the senator admitted bumming a smoke “a couple of times” along the campaign trail. He explained, “I figure, seeing as I’m running for president, I need to cut myself a little slack.”

The candidate regularly chews Nicorette after kicking the habit at his wife’s request to run for president.

For those who want to quit, Obama advises, “Eliminate certain key connections — that first cigarette in the morning, or after a meal, or with a drink…If you can eliminate those triggers, that should help.”

Obama also told the fitness magazine that he gets in 45-minute workouts six days a week.

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/10/07/obama-admits-bumming-cigarettes-on-the-campaign-trail/

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's right up your alley.

But it is an interesting look at behind the scenes. Reminds me of the documentary that was done during Pres Bush's first campaign...a very candid veiw of the campaign trail

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i wonder if she lets him stand up to pee?

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

The extreme anxiety among the haters is palpable!

:D

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Whining about the plane? The horror!!! :eek:

15. rhadamanthus

Pardon? That's a rather weird thing to say coming from someone who never posts more than one or two ambiguous and jaded sentences without any rationale or specifics.

But don't let me rain on your little parade of feigned superiority. I don't care.

Just like I don't care what a campaign plane supposedly smells like.

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

It is a good thing that cbs is in the tank for obama, I'd hate to see what they'd write if they weren't. :rolleyes:

17. cson

cson Contributing Member

How old are you? :rolleyes:

Not smoking is nowhere near the same as she-peeing. :rolleyes: ...and: :rolleyes:

18. rhadamanthus

Bummer about the smoking thing:

19. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Smelly planes, missed deadlines, bummed Marlboros and idling motorcades, you say? All of this is great news for JOHN MCCAIN!!!!

20. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Another compare and contrast article that is more representative of the governing philosophies of the candidates....